30K views

Much to my dismay and disatisfaction, when shopping at your store in carpentersville, il on November 30, 2011, I find that menards discontinued military discounts. All the other home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowe's make that discount available. Now that it is your policy not to afford military discounts, I will no longer shop at Menards.

Can you explain why the discount was discintinued and please do not enter an explanation of economics! I was very proud to serve this nation, in unform for 26 years and your military discount statement is a slap in the face to all veterans!

Michael Sallustio

Proud retiree of the U.S. Air Force

Location: Elmhurst, Illinois

Comments

#1990236
@PissedConsumer1980980

But at the same time, you should not be throwing a fit and being rude because you did not get a discount. Most veterans join to fight for their country.

They do not do it so they can get a free burger at Mcdonald's or a discouint at Menards and other stores. They do not have an arrogant attitude.

Shame on the OP, Shame on you. Shame on Leslie.

#1990237
@Leslie P Bjs

The people making these "nasty" comments are not from Menards you silly child.

You shame all veterans with your greed. Most join the military to defend the country. You do to get discount.

They should give veterans a 10% discount and they should charge 10% extra draft dodgers.

@PissedConsumer1829706

AMEN. I have never seen so many older men who have never served in Vietnam until I moved to Minnesota. They sure want to give their opinions on the military though.

WHAT IS THE RESTROOM POLICY AT MENARDS FOR TRANSGENDER LADIES ??? --- WHAT ABOUT THE POLICY FOR TRANSGENDER MEN ??? --- WHAT ABOUT THE POLICY FOR NON-BINARY INDIVIDUALS OR HERMAPHRODITES ???

@PissedConsumer1811579

What is someone's service dog needs to use the restroom? Are they allowed to use the restroom of their choice while shopping at Menard's?

What is the service dog is real smart and has been trained to sit on the toilet and go and trained to flush it and close the seat afterwards?

Shouldn't such a smart service dog be allowed to use the restroom if they need to go? Wouldn't that be better than the dog going on the floor of the store?

#1953326
@PissedConsumer1811579

The gender you were born is the bathroom you use.is what they told my niece when she worked there

Menards never had a military discount to discontinue.

Too bad for you, Menard. Lowe’s is right across the street and they do give a military discount.

What an entitled *** I served 14 years with 3 deployments and in no way expect a discount from anyone. Disgrace to the uniform

Right on.

@PissedConsumer1731072

I’m a 28 year Veteran, retired E-9, and I always appreciate a discount, as anyone would, I’d never expect nor demand it. It’s a very nice surprise when it’s offered but I really despise it when a fellow veteran acts like an entitled child.

I appreciate the service nurses, doctors, lawyers, all retail people, sanitation workers as much as the service I provide. Curious how many people thank their trash truck driver and the service they provide.

@PissedConsumer1818729

I appreciate people like you and the other person replying. Not the OP. He is greedy and childlike.

@PissedConsumer1731072

I applaud you, but the OP and the person who down voted your post shame on them. You joined the military to make the country better. The OP joined so he can save $10 on a jacket.

I am a disabled veteran, having served proudly in the US Navy as both my mother and father did. I have two sons who are disabled former marines who sacrificed more than I did while serving.

I greatly appreciate those merchants who support and honor service veterans through discount programs, preferred parking and more. That said, we must recognize that these programs are provided at the expense of the merchant by their own choice. There is no obligation to do so, and no patron should feel entitled to such preferential treatment. The fact that some do and others don't is a reflection of the freedom of choice that we served to protect.

As for where to shop, I'll make my decisions based on economics, convenience and customer service.

The military discount at Home depot and Lowe's might make the difference, and it might not, but Menard's choice to NOT offer a discount will not be a factor. It is not disrespectful to veterans or anyone else.

Get over yourself. Quit expecting discounts. Typical boot.

You can definitely tell that Menards is a company with midwest roots and liberal ties by the butt hurt in some of these responses. People put their lives on the line during the last 18 years during the global war on terror, and the best responses are "you sure feel entitled".

I remember getting hit by roadside bombs, shot at by machine gun fire, and watching my buddy get torn to shreds while protecting your freedoms, all while you were working koosh office jobs and playing with building blocks. Entitled, huh?

@Pedro Kbn

Yes ENTITLED! I served and went through 3 deployments and can guarantee I went through worse *** than you e ever seen I don’t expect a damn thing to be given to me. People like you are a disgrace to the uniform.

Menards Reviews