16.1K views

Much to my dismay and disatisfaction, when shopping at your store in carpentersville, il on November 30, 2011, I find that menards discontinued military discounts. All the other home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowe's make that discount available. Now that it is your policy not to afford military discounts, I will no longer shop at Menards.

Can you explain why the discount was discintinued and please do not enter an explanation of economics! I was very proud to serve this nation, in unform for 26 years and your military discount statement is a slap in the face to all veterans!

Michael Sallustio

Proud retiree of the U.S. Air Force

Comments

Bjhandy

Agree!!!

Do you refuse to shop at all stores that don't give you a discount? Bet not.

to Anonymous #1417147

I do. Except for groceries.

to Anonymous #1417408

So, why don't you expect groceries stores to give you a discount? By you logic, these stores don't support you as a veteran, why should you support them?

This marine will no longer make purchases at menards.Having said that I will instruct family to do the same.

Do you make your employees sit during the national anthem.I'm certain my not spending money in your stores won't be a huge loss but I'm just one of many marines .that will follow suit.sleep well .I assure you we will still protect you and all your loved ones.god speed .lcpl.cerna.

to Anonymous #1398818

LOL...

Unless you're a WWII vet, YOU DID NOT participate in any known battle in which our "freedoms" were at stake.

Sorry to burst your bubble but everyone isn't going to thank you for anything and offer to buy your breakfast at Denny's.

Please tell me you didn't join up to rake in deep discounts and free chit?

to Anonymous #1406057

you're a dush bag. Veterans gave up at least 4 yrs of our life in service to our country, even if we didnt see action we would have done whatever was asked from us. Im sure you have done exactly ZERO for your country in your life.

to Anonymous #1406832

Ann honorable vet would never post a comment like this.

to Anonymous #1412334

And exactly who have you ever served besides yourself?

Probably be hard to explain to you a soldiers life is this short space but after 20 years of service I cannot even count the ways I made your sorry life better.Endless hours, cold, heat, rain, snow, ect all well below minimum wage.

How many work place accidents have your friends died from?Happens every day in a soldiers life.

If you have never served, you aint got a clue and {{REDACTED}}.

to DK072257 #1412908

I mean no disrespect, but you are the one who chose a military career.Families of police officers and firefighters always have to worry about their loved ones coming home safely as well.

Teachers work long hours for low pay and often have to use their own money to purchase classroom supplies.Is there a reason they don't feel they need to complain about not getting a discount and soldiers do?