Massillon, Ohio

We went to Mennards in Massillon, Ohio where we found a great looking screened room which we decided to purchace. At the department checkout the price was rung up at a much higher price and when I brought it to the clerks attention and then showed him the display he called the manager to ask what to do.

The manager didn't bother himself to speak with us, just told the clerk to knock $$ of the price. This still made the item $300 more than was posted. Had the price not been on a poster with a picture of the item I might have thought someone had switched tags but there was an actual picture. Apparently it was an error, but I feel the posted price should have been given to me and then chage the price immediatley so other consumers don't assume the same thing.

I wrote to the corporate office and was told " we have to abide by the price that rings up".

I felt this was very poor customer service. Had the picture not been with the price I would be more understanding but apparently to Mennards, the picture/price mean nothing. Bye-bye Mennards.

No more of my business. I'll go with an honorable company.

Comments

Reading these comments it is easy to tell several are from menards employees. Goes to highlight the fact of the terrible customer service at these stores.

Just don't return and give them anymore of your money, eventually the *** that don't have any work ethic will have no job when store profits drop off. Then they can be full time drug dealers or permanent basement dwellers at moms house into their late 40's, something that their lack of skill set will not matter for.

Please get over yourself.

I wish there would be a pissed off employee site. I am just as miserable working there as everyone else.

Thank God for graduation.

I can tell you Menards does adjust the prices for mistakes.( Example, a sales tag is not marked correctly) The Massillon store enables some of its "guests" to be ignorant, cheap pains in the ***.... Please take your business elsewhere.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hang on.

I think that they should honor their posted prices what is the point in going in and looking if you cannot get reliable information and accurate descriptions. Wal-Mart does honor what price is on the sign.

I think that Mason has no idea about consumers and what it takes to make a business work, that a business survives on repeat customers. And should do whatever it takes to make them want to come back.

If you were buying a whole screened room, it was probably a materials list price and if you would read the sign it says prices appox. Retail prices go up and down every day for every possible commodity there is.

You were lucky the Manager gave you anything off!!!!

Cheap people like you will try anything. Go rip off someone else!!!

I'll bet you wouldn't have said a thing if you got to the registers and the price was lower. Woild you have demanded to pay the higher pirce on the display?

Mistakes happen.

Sounds like the store manager offered you a discount for the error. You need to raelize mistakes happen.

They should have honored the price, mistake or not. And it would have hardly been changed by kids if there was a display with the price AND photo.

It's not like this person was trying to rip off the store, it was the store's responsibility to uphold their posted prices, like any other store. Not to worry, your money will work just fine at all other stores.

well looks like mason and willis are having a bad day :roll.

*** yea when a store posts a price and then doesn't honor it, it would make anyone mad!

I would be livid . :(

HEY ***!!!! YOU SHOULD GET THE LOWBALL PRICE AND NOBODY ELSE??????????????

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE????????????

BELIEVE ME THE STORES DONT WANT YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll :roll :roll :roll :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

IF YOU WAS AN HONORABLE PERSON YOU WOULD FACE THE MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU WHO WANT SOMETHING FOR NEAR NOTHING ARE NOT WANTED OR NEEDED!!!!!!

HOPE SOMEONE TAKES YOU FOR YOUR MISTAKES ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll :roll :eek :eek :upset :upset :x :x :? :?

Some people are never happy. Like you have never made a mistake or nothing darn humans and not being perfect!!!!!

Or maybe a guest changed the price and it was not even Menard’s fault at all. I’ve seen kids and adults do it when I’ve been shopping there they think its funny I guess.