3.3

I went to refund a set of home phones with my receipt that I had purchased two days before.I had paid cash and debit for my purchase.

They would not give me cash for the refund and i did not have my debit card. They made me take a "gift card". I told them I did not want it and asked to speak to a manager and was told the manager would not come up. That in itself is poor customer service.

I tried calling but no one would answer any of the extentions for operator or manager. I got online and looked at the refund policy I was correct. It took me talking to the store manager to get anything done. I had to make 3 trips to the store for all of this.

I am not impressed with any of the employees. No one knows what they are doing or talking about. They are rude and do not stick to their policies.

I will not be back in.I would rather pay more somewhere else than put up with the customer service.

Review about: Menards Manager.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #891156

Management at Menards is very poor.Most stores across the Midwest recruit college drop outs for these positions.When a problem occurs no one really knows how to handle or fix the situation.

I know at my store I can usually persuade the guest to see things my way by offering a 25% restocking fee. Now that you know how we are trained by the big shots in Wisconsin you would probably be better off steering clear of Menards and shopping at a more friendly home discount store like lowes, or Home Depot.

Our job is to make monthly quotas and if we don't more low informed managers lose their jobs.I have been lucky to maintain my job because my employees know I mean business.

You have to realize who are you dealing with.IT'S MENARDS!!!

Everything you mentioned is exactly what gives them they're AMAZING reputation, not. If you want customer service and knowledgeable staff, you are much better off going to a store that specializes in that particular product. I work at a cabinet shop and see the plans they put together. The drawings should not be leaving the store.

My husband is a contractor and buys material from there sometimes.He won't use the Appleton locations as they're that bad.

Don't quite know what your problem is.I just looked at their return policy on Menards.com.

It says cash purchases are returned in cash, debit card purchases are returned to the debit card and credit card purchases are returned to a credit card. Since you didn't have your debit card you would have had a choice of coming back with it or taking the store credit they offered.

The reason stores return your money in the form it was paid is that the banks charge them a percentage of the purchase when you buy something.If you return it on your card they get that percentage back, Don't expect a store to take a loss on your return.

to Anonymous Portland, Oregon, United States #890117

This is very accurate, however anytime anything is ever returned the store takes a loss from the initial transaction and the reversal; Receipts cost money(electricity, paper, ink), you slowed down the check out process for others, you you you you you it's always about you I'm sure. Allowing returns is a courtesy, not a right. Don't buy things you don't need.