Purchased an Alton generator on 9-23-08 at Columbus, Indiana Menards.T ook it out of box 3 days ago, it ran for 20 minutes then stoped.

will not run again. Called Alton Co., they said to take back to Menards, called Menards. The Columbus, Indiana manager said, I would have needed to bring it back before 30 days. Excuse me I never needed to use it untill now, so it was still in box.

They will not exchange it, or anything.

From now on We will do our Business with wal-mart, at least they honor their store policies.

Robert and Connie Benefiel

Greensburg Indiana, 47240

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

Number one.Don't buy cheap trap from menards.

You should have shopped at Lowe's.They love customers and will always take care of u.

I work there, all Menards cares about are policies. So don't say we don't honor our policies, dumb ***.

menard is crooks

menard sucks

I also sit on my porch and yell at kids to stay out of my yard, along with not being able to read the warranty book that came with my generator or the big signs at the store that note the return policy of 30 days. when your at wall mart be sure to return any fruit you buy that goes bad after 6 months.

ALTON HAS TAKEN CARE OF THE PROBLEM.THEY WHERE VERY UNDERSTANDING TO THE PROBLEM, AND SHIPPED ME A NEW COIL, WITCH BY THE WAY WAS THE PROBLEM.

SO AS FAR AS YOUR TESTING AND WHAT I DID TO IT, WAS NOT THE ISSUE!FUTHER MORE I STILL STAND TO NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH MENARDS AGAIN!

When your car breaks, you take it to get fixed.When your generator breaks, you expect to leave it at Menards doorstep and not be responsible.

These are tested before they are shipped. What did or didn't you do to break it? Did it have a service waaranty? What did the service center find out?

Did they fix it?Let it go.

go buy a second generator and return the original w reciept for cash

kenny d

go to tractor supply they will honor your return and help you load it in your truck

Hold on here Robert, you are making a post on a website claiming that you will never shop at Menards because of a store policy that has been in place for years and not expect any criticism for it?Here's an idea for ya - fill out an installed complaint form, that gets sent to the manufacturer, they will send a letter back to you on information on how to deal with it, and then contact menards if they say that you are able to return it.

It is not at the store level to honor a manufacturer warranty unless menards hears from that manufacturer and gets an ok.

Knowing about this may have saved you a headache and hopefully your issue will be resolved.