Washington, Illinois

Washington Illinois Menard's:

We found a safe on sale and bought it. Fosters Delivery Service (through Menard's) came to my home prior to delivery and said "yes, no problem we can get in your basement.

Delivery was scheduled for the morning (to be completed by noon), they showed up at 11:45, and tore the living *** out of my home for nearly an hour getting it into the basement. I have a broken stair, a dozen holes in my walls (one the size of a volley ball) scratches on my wood floor....among other things! His response was, I told you we could get it down there and asked for his money? I asked him about the damage and he said did you really expect me to get it down there w/o damage??

needless to say this is far from over! I spoke to the GM at the store, and he is going to assist as much as he can in resolving....The owner commented that I am to get three bids and he and I can negotiate and meet in the middle??

Needless to say, I have paid $149 already for delivery and would anticipate $500-$1,000 in damage and I am expected to cover some of it, not going to happen! T Maxwell

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Home damage repaired.

Comments

Take a look at the delivery agreement you signed. You contracted for delivery with an independent delivery service.

On the form you should see a phone number for their insurance company. Contact them and file a claim.

bobs2015

Personally, I would hire an attorney and sue both Menard's and the delivery firm. Negotiating this on your own is a mistake.

You don't think the Menard's manager is acting on his own or can make a decision like this? Best get legal advice, if nothing else.

Most lawyers will give a free consultation. Do so before you go any further.