5.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I do a lot of buying from Menards. Great place to buy, and good deals.

I was wondering why Menards doesn't give military discounts. A lot of the competitions give the discount. So was wondering why Mansards doers not do that. I believe that it would be great for Menards to give the discount because as a veteran I would think that would be a admirable thing to do.

I don't know what else to say to get at least 100 works. I'm going to just copy this and ad it to the explanation. I do a lot of buying from Menards. Great place to buy, and good deals.

Reason of review: Question on Military discount.

Comments

Wow, how disrespectful that you even say that about someone in the military. It's funny how you can run across a ignorant libral anywhere.

Thank you for serving and I'm not sure why they don't give military discounts.

They are a good company and sell a lot of made in the USA items. And yes I think they should give military discounts.

@Brenda

Why just the military?

What about teachers, firefighters, policemen, paramedics and so on?

@Brenda

You just don't get it. Look at the complaint boards and it seems like vets are the only group of people complaining about not getting a discount at various retail stores.

You don't see Police officers, firefighters, teachers or anyone else complaining stores don't give them a discount.

Yes vets have done their country a great service, but so do a lot of other people. Why do vets feel so entitled?

I think I deserve a discount because I'm a Virgo.

Menards should give me a discount because I'm left handed.

I was elected Most Likely to Succeed in my class -- isn't that worth a discount?

It just isn't fair that Menards doesn't give a discount to fast food workers. After all, we only make minimum wage.

Why do you deserve a discount more than anyone else? What about firefighters, nurses, EMTs, and so forth.

Did you sign up for military service thinking "Some day I'll get that 10% discount." Why can't you just accept that here in free enterprise land (you know, what you fought for) it is at the discretion of the business to determine whether they give a discount to anyone. If they do, great.

If they don't, stop your whining. You are entitled to nothing and you cheapen the reputation and dignity of our armed forces.

MrSharkNasty

No one joins the military for a 10% discount. My grandpa didn't.

My dad didn't. My cousins didn't. My friends didn't. They all believe the veterans who come crying to the internet about a 10% discount are a bad representation of what they stand for.

Why don't police officers get a discount?

Why don't teachers get a discount? Why are you so much more important than all other hard working Americans?

Why should veterans get a military discount?

Why not just offer the best prices to every customer regardless of whether or not they are a veteran?

Why not just treat every customer the same?

Take a look at the competitors, you will see that menards is usually less expensive. They offer the lowest prices to everyone, not just veterans.

They choose to give every one the great deals you talk about. Sure they could raise their prices and give discounts to certain groups like veterans but they prefer to treat everyone the same.

h.kitchener

It's up to Menard's to do as they please in this regard. Personally, I would like them to offer a college graduate discount, but to each his own. Shop elsewhere, I guess.