1K views

I WAS APPALLED THAT MENARDS WHO PROFESSES "BUYING AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS" WOULD NOT GIVE ME, A KOREAN VETERAN WHO PRESENTED HIS VA IDENTIFICATION CARD, "NO DISCOUNT".

I RECENTLY MADE A PURCHASE AT "HOME DEPOT" AND THEY GRANTED ME A 10% DISCOUNT ON MY VA-ID.

WHY IS IT THAT MENARDS CANNOT EXTEND THIS COURTESY TO ALL VETERANS BY DISPLAYING A SIGN AT THEIR CASH REGISTERS THAT ALL VETERANS WITH IDs WILL BE GRANTED A 10% DISCOUNT ON THEIR PURCHASES..WHAT A GREAT WAY TO SHOW YOU CARE "MENARDS..

"COME HONOR THE VETS"

PAPA CHET

VETERAN U.S.ARMY 7TH.DIV.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 07, 2011.

Comments

Something you should hear is people of disables a lot of parking but 0nly 2 elc carts for people to shop with shows more about the way corporate looks at being a all American company .Sounds to me Bernie Sanders view here along with out doing anything but pay taxes is all you need to speak your peace. good luck Americans doing shopping here

Your compensation for your service to the country did not include entitlement to discounts at retails stores. You should be grateful to the stores that offer them and thank them for their show of appreciation but to complain about those that don't doesn't honor the uniform so many have proudly worn.

Janesville, Wisconsin, United States #1214542

Menards.... American-made products...

... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The only USA products Menards sells are the ones that are somehow cheaper than the foreign-made equivalents.

I mean - the same is true for most stores, and the Menards in my town doesn't even try the "American made" angle - it's just that hearing those two things in the same sentence is insane.

Oak Forest, Illinois, United States #1152642

WENT TO HOME DEPOT & LOWES TODAY, THEY BOTH GAVE ME 10% WHEN SHOWING MY VA ID. THEY DO CHECK TO SEE IF "SERVICE CONNECTED". THEY ALSO THANKED ME FOR MY SERVICE, NICE TOUCH I THOUGHT SEEING AS WE WERE NOT WELCOMED HOME IN THE 60's.

I'm 70, and don't use these words everyday, but, You Guy's Rock!

I'll continue shopping at these two Stores, faithfully.

KA USN, Brown Water

Chicago, Illinois, United States #646452

I don't feel that any store owes me a veteran discount however, I will shop where one is offered. That leaves out Menards, especially since Lowes is right next door.

You really like your quotation marks. Thank you for fighting for this country, a country where everyone is treated equally.

This means in the workplace and retail environments, where everyone pays the same price. You greedy, greedy man who feels like you're entitled more than other people who have served.

Davenport, Iowa, United States #567568

Hey Papa Chet,

It's America. That means we are a FREE nation.

Shouldn't that be enough. That means Menards has the freedom to offer or not offer discounts. WE fought for that right -remember. I am a veteran of choice.

I Chose to enlist in the Air Force because I wanted to keep our FREEDOM. My father was in the Korean War also and he would be appalled by your demand. If you don't like it, then don't shop at Menard's anymore. Remember what we all really fought for!!!

Our Freedom. Which includes whether or not to offer a discount. If you have that attitude, no one will want to offer discounts anymore.

Be grateful for what you get.

Why does Menards, or anybody for that matter, owe you anything for something that YOU chose to do?

to Really?? Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #947118

Really? Ever hear of the draft?

I put in 19+ years and came out totally disabled. I do not feel that Menards or anyone else owes me a discount because Home Depot and Lowes offer me one.

You shop figure in your discounts and buy where you want. That is the American way!

Menards believes in fair pricing to all of our guests. This is why we work so hard to match our prices and always make sure they are lower than any local competitor. Menards employs veterans and have no bias against them we just offer the same low price to everyone!!

to WoW Janesville, Wisconsin, United States #1214540

Home Depot either has lower prices or will match Menards', matches Menards' 11% rebate weekends, AND gives a 10% discount to vets.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying Menards are bastards for not giving the 10% discount. I'm just saying that HD is working harder to earn vets' business.

The 10% discount was a nice gesture while it lasted and greatly appreciated but I do not feel as if I am entitled to it because of my service. They owe me nothing.

that is fine they dont offer but it is nice if they did to help out that is right some of us did join for a reasion and now are dissabled and recieve diss from the VA whitch helps but $1600 a mo to support my 4 kids is not much and i cant find work bc of my diss so every little 10% helps so untill you know the whole pic think before you speek.that is all i am asking , merry christmas

I agree with steverock. While some businesses have been giving veterans discounts, it's not an obligation for everybody to offer such discounts.

I never expected any benefits other than what they told me I was entitled to after being drafted back in mid 1972.

I have personally picked up the restaurant tabs for uniformed service people when I see them in uniform but that's MY choice and I wish others would do that once in awhile too.

My late uncle when he left the ARMY after WW2 said when you came into a bar, other patrons and the barkeepers were always picking up your tabs! This lasted about a year after the war ended and we all went back to our ways. And so it goes!

Furthermore... how do you know Menard's isn't giving to veteran's organizations as a show of appreciation? Just a thought.

They do not offer a discount too you because if they give discounts to veterans then the firefighters would want a discount, then the police would want a discount, then teachers would want a discount, and on and on and on... so that is why they do not offer a discount.

The reason why menards no longer provides military discount is we are already the lowest in price compared to lowes and home depot

#391961

Was any company offering a military discount in 1954? Why don't you complain about them; or perhaps you went to work for a company that did not offer a military discount at the time.

I agree i understand you did a great thing for out country a thing many people wouldn't or couldn't do but if you went into the military for the right reasons you shouldn't expect freebies.

You are an embarrassment to those of us who served. We should feel no need to hold our hand out to society and ask for freebies.

We did what we had to do and that's it. No wonder our nation has become a bunch of whiners, when even our veterans come crying for a handout!