St. Louis County, Missouri
3.0
Layout of Store

My mom and I visited the St. Charles Rock Road location in St.

Louis Missouri on March 19, 2016. We were looking at Easter candy and there was a man sitting directly across from the candy asking certain customers if they would like to sign up for an $100 drawing. I was standing within reach of the guy and he never even looked my way. I stood there for a while and watched him ignore everyone of color that walked by but practically jumped off his seat to get the attention of all the Caucasian customers walking by.

This was so obvious and disturbing to me that I felt the need to contact your company personally. I spend a lot of money with Home Depot and Lowes.

I was very pleased with your prices but after observing this behavior in your store I will continue to give Home Depot and Lowes my business. Hopefully this incident will be addressed and may prevent you from losing any other customers!

Menards Cons: Way i was treated, Treatment of customers.

Comments

MrSharkNasty

Oh and there was nothing disturbing about this incident, just a lot of judgment being passed by yourself.

MrSharkNasty

Menards does not do such drawings. It was obviously a direct tv sales rep who often present in Meanrds stores.

As far as making a call that the person was ignoring people of color, well that no different than ignoring Menards based on 1 person. You can't judge and entire company based on 1 person you don't even know.

You obviously never approached him either to find out the exact details......................

rollo2016

The guy was obviously a good salesman and could accurately ascertain which customers were upstanding, successful citizens who could avail themselves of whatever product he was trying to promote. You apparently did not fit that criteria.

Get the chip off your shoulder, find a job, dress appropriately and perhaps next time you, too will be solicited for his promotion. Just a thought.