5.3K views

My husband and I bought a 50x80 pole barn package from Menards, in Rapid City South Dakota in 2006 and paid cash.We asked the contractors department to find a reliable contractor to start right away building it.

So they called Jungle Construction, Owned by Ronnie and Janice Junge. They asked him if he had an opening to build our barn for us right away and he said he did. So they hired him, we all met in the store and made arrangements to get started. We paid him $8,000.00 dollars to get started.

To make a story short, Junge started and left the job and never returned after getting $41,000. from us and now everything sits in the field rotting. Menards will not take him off their list of reliable contractors. How do I reach the head CEO John Menard Jr.

and get somthing done about this fraud?Darline Eiesland, Misterelonny@netzero.com

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

#1402004

I bought treated plywood from Menards in Popular Bluff MO.I drove over 240 miles to get GOOD plywood.

Got home and it was all crap. Contacted the manager, he told me a lie about grades (possibly he is just incompetent), joked about the situation, and then blew me off. End result: I could return it at my expense for another load.

Which might or might not be crap.SO DO NOT BUY FROM MENARDS unless you want crap served with jokes and false information.

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1276846

Thanks 4 that info we were going to the store to also have bulk built we will go elsewer

As for Obama Care...IT S U C K S !!!YOU SHOULD DO YOUR PART...Because by the sound of it...

You are the store manager and you are trying to save your own tail!!! You should treat your customer right. I had s contractor get mad because I told him he needed prior customer referrals to give potential clients since I could not personally refer him based on his work...since I never hired him. He had done nothing for me...

And I knew he had complaints and he knew it too...

Giving a contractor referrals based on sales will destroy your business fast!Food for thought.

Wow!That is really awful.

I'm truly sorry for the horrible treatment you received. My husband and I are in the process of looking for a pole barn and considering having someone to construct it but now I think we will do the labor out selves. I wish we were closer to your part of the country... We would gladly help you with the construction.

Perhaps the is an Amish community near by that would assemble for a reasonable fee.Best wishes.

Longview, Texas, United States #969751

Contact your prosecutor and file charges. It is a criminal case that he can be forced to give your money back or get prosecuted and face time in jail if the situation isn`t rectified.

Howard, Wisconsin, United States #763919

I personally know the store manager at the Rapid city store, I have contacted him on his private line and made him aware of this problem.I am sorry but you cannot get in touch with John Menard.

The best route for you may be hire an attorney and file a claim in circuit court, make sure you keep track of all names and dates for all menards employees you have worked with on this project. Our current policy states that we not give reference for this type of project, but at the contractor desk we do make exceptions for the contractors who buy many thousands in material from us. We do try and screen the contractors but it does not always work. I will move this situation toward the front of complaints and see if we can remedy this in a timely manner.

I have a direct line to the main offices in Wisconsin, hopefully by weeks end I can have an answer for you.

By the way did you sign up for OBama care?We all need to do our part.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #595329

I'm not thinking anyone would pay 41000 dollars to have a poleshed built. Story is very un believable....

YOU PAID IN 8 GRAND IN ADVANCE?!!! :sigh

Brian,

The Menards forest where they get their wood must have ran out so they had to start buying wood where everyone else does.Maybe thats why their lumber is "the worst".

I have been a contractor for years now. Your right, sometimes their lumber isnt the best. However, they all buy from the same lumber providers. Usually because Menards is busier they move their lumber more and it is a better quality.

Unlike many Lowes or Depot I have been to where the lumber is from years ago and has already completely dried and cracked due to it sitting on the shelf for soo long. Not saying they are perfect.

Just saying ALL lumber yards buy the SAME lumber.The qualtiy only depends on how they take care of it and how quickly they move it out the door.

to sd ***tractor #1402007

If you are a contractor, you should know that there are several providers of lumber. And there is a very big difference between suppliers. You might want to do some research.