Rhinelander, Wisconsin

ON FRIDAY JULY 2OTH MY WIFE AND I WENT TO GO SHOPPING FOR CABINETS AND COUNTERTOPS AT MENARDS OF RHINELANDER WI. WE WENT IN THE STORE TO BUY NEW CABINETS AND COUNTERTOPS.

WE WERE WAITED ON A MAN NAMED DAN. WE BOUGHT LOTS OF DIFFERENT COUNTERTOPS AND CANINETS THER A FEW WEEKS PRIOR FOR OUR HOUSE AND WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE OTHER GENTALMEN THAT WAITED ON US PAUL AND LUKE. THIS TIME WE HAD DAN. HE WAS HARD TO TALK WITH AND REALLY DID NOT UNDERSTAND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

HE WAS RUDE IN THE WAY HE TALKED WITH ME. HE BELITTLED ME.HE WAS TRYING TO DESIGN THE CABINETS AND WAS GETTING FUSTRATED WITH ME. WHEN WE WERE DONE FIGURING OUT THE DESIGN AND GOT THE PRICE WITH HELP FROM PAUL HE SAID OUT LOUD WE DO NOT HAVE MOST OF THE STUFF IN STOCK IN A BAD TONE. SO THEN I TOLD DAN I WOULD BE BACK AND I WENT TO LOOK ON THE SELF MYSELF.

I WENT BACK TO DAN AND SAID THE SINK BASE WAS BACK THERE. HE WENT BACK THERE WITH ME AND SAID IN A SMART *** WAY THAT WAS NOT A SINK BASE THAT WAS A BASE CABINET. THEN I LOOKED AT HIM AND I SAID I DON'T LIKE THE WAY YOUR TALKING TO ME AND I DO NOT LIKE YOU. THEN HE SAID I DO NOT LIKE YOU EITHER.

THEN IT GOT HOT AND HEAVY FOR A MINUTE AND I TOLD DAN HE SHOULD SHUT HIS MOUTH AND WALK AWAY. HE THEN LAUGHED AT ME AND FINALLY WALK AWAY. THEN HIS SUPERVISOR CAME OVER AND HELPED ME OUT AND GOT ME WHAT I NEEDED. THEN MY WIFE AND I WENT BACK TO SHOPPING AND WE SPEND A COUPLE OF THOUSAND DOLLAR ON DECKING, DOORS AND SIDING FOR MY SIDELINE BUSSINESS.

LATER IN THE STORE THE SUPERVISOR BROUGHT THE STORE MANAGER TROY OVER AND WE TALKED ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED WITH DAN AND MYSELF. HE SAID IT HAPPENED ONCE BEFORE IN THE STORE AND TROY APOLIGIZED FOR WHAT HAPPEND. I WOULD SAY THAT DAN IS NOT A ASSET FOR YOUR STORE AND IF THIS HAPPENED 2 TIMES I AM SURE IT HAPPENED ALOT MORE THAN THAT. I HAVE BEEN A GOOD CUSTOMER FOR MANY YEARS.

I SHOP AT THE MARQUETTE, ESCANABA, AND THE RHINELANDER LOCATIONS. YOU CAN LOOK AT MY BIG CARD AND SEE WHAT KIND OF DOLLARS I SPEND WITH YOUR COMPAY. I HAVE 2 BROTHERS TOM & SUE , TIM & THERSA THAT DO THE SAME. I TOOK A FEW DAYS TO THINK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AND I AM GETTING MORE UPSET.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT EVEN HAPPENED TO ME.

CUSTOMERS CAN CALL ME AT 906-884-6556 THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Manager.

Comments

What exactly is the issue here? You told someone to shut their mouth and expected positive results?

I can assure you; you are 50% of the problem here. I've never had a guest/customer tell me to shut my mouth. If you are going around talking this way; I'm sure you were provoking him well before that. Probably making smart *** comments and treating him like he was ***.

YOU ESCALATED THIS SITUATION JUST AS MUCH AS HIM.

@Heartless

agreed! yes there are people who should just not work in retail or customer service but i can say one thing when someone talks to me with any sort of tone whether i did something wrong or not i don't appreciate it.

we are all people and deserve to be treated with respect!

now i wasn't there and don't know the situation but i'm just saying that if i was talked to like that by a guest i sure wouldn't have the best attitude with them either (FYI i've been belittled by a guest who was calling me and another coworker horrible names, not even anything about the store but us personally, and we couldn't do anything about it. watch what you say and think about your actions before placing full blame on someone else!)