My son and I built a Dairy barn and farm work shop last summer and after they were built we noticed the edges on the steel were wavy and it didn't make a tight fit .So we contacted the salesman Kieth from Winona Menards store and he told us that it was a roller issue and that it happened before years back but assured us that Midwest manufacturing was really prompt about getting a problem solved and would hear back in few days .I told him that we want it replaced or a refund on the steel and we could live with it he said ok .weeks went by and nothing so aI called him and he said they would give me a $500 store credit on a $70.000 + purchase because they said it's not a roller problem it's from the trucker or the builder and how they handled it but before they said it's a roller problem I told the salesman to send a rep down from Eau Claire to look at it with all of us there and he said good luck that won't happen and that's all he can do . And if I wouldn't take it I would have to fill out a complaint and sent it to Eau Claire WI .Now it's October so I called up to Midwest and finally got a hold of a gentleman Bob Wather and told him our problem with the bad steel and I told him to come down and look for himself with me and the salesman and builder and he said that won't happen I'm busy fill out a complaint form .So we did they offered us replacement steel without labor included but the builder offered to do it at no cost .Now the new steel came in and they want us to pay half of the steel up front before it gets delivered and they will refund the money when they get the old steel back what a bunch of hoops to jump thru .Now the builder keeps making excuses and putting it off .like we have money laying around . Now it's June almost one year later poor customer service .spend the extra and buy from a professional building company that specializes in pole barn and shop buildings

Review about: Menards Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Very simply:

-you can NOT get a refund and keep the product

-you can NOT receive a replacement AND a refund

-You will NEVER receive labor compensation, Menards does NOT install so they are not liable.

Retaining the replacement product until you surrendered the defect was entirely within their right to protect themselves, as is charging the new delivery cost to you (not sure if they did that in this case, but they certainly CAN do it).

This is business, get used to it. Menards has quite the reputation for being obstructive regarding conceding anything, but rest assured any other store like them with a third party delivery contrator would do the same to you.

As they did not install the product about all you can expect is replacement product. Why didn't your builder notice this as the steel was going up?

Would have been much easier to replace the steel before it was all put up. Your solution to paying a deposit on the new steel would be to tear off the bad steel and do an even exchange.