Update by user Dec 06, 2016

MarterCraft sent us replacement frames but they said they would not be the solid vinyl frames we originally ordered because they said they did not make them anymore instead they could send us composite frames that had staples.We agreed as long as they did not leak and looked good.

Both the 32" and 36" frames were picked up at Menards the evening of Dec 2nd. Got them home and took off cardboard to install on Dec 3rd and they were junk. Corners were not square having large gaps and staple nails that did not get in all the way were pushed over leaving raised area on nail head to cut a finger. We took them back to Menards and showed manager.

He said we had to still contact MasterCraft and they will do the same as they agreed they were defects. Still waiting on reply email from MasterCraft after sending them pictures of their faulty product telling them we want our money back or a better product. Menards did offer us 2 door frames off their floor but they had only wood frames on hand and we do not want that kind of frame and they also looked like ***.

Never again.Any suggestions on a door company that produces a good product in Minnesota that does not break your bank?

Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2016

We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft doors.Installed both doors In June.

Related: Mastercraft Windows And Doors - Faulty doors - company blames on consumer

First rain they leaked. Took out doors and re-installed and re-caulked thinking it was fixed. Large rain in October with wind; doors leaked terrible and window was worse with water running down inside. Called Menards, they said to contact MasterCraft for warranty.

We contacted and all we get is emails saying did not install correct. We did what they said and sent pictures showing we did everything. They continue to send back saying to caulk in more areas so we caulked even more. We also measured both doors and sent them specs.

36" door frame on top was 35 15/16 middle 36" and bottom 36 1/16". That should tell them the frame is bad. We tried more shims but nothing worked. They will not admit the frame is bad and will not replace the doors.

All they will replace is the leaky window. This has been going on for over a month and all they do is send more pictures saying to caulk more. Now they want us to caulk even between their door frame and their brickmold that came in one piece with door. Menards will not stand behind their product.

We want to get the extra room finished by Christmas but can't when doors leak. We have installed many other doors and never had leakage problem until now.

I would say they are building cheaper and asking larger price.Where is customer service anymore?

Review about: Menards Mastercraft Exterior Doors.

I didn't like: Not backing their product.

1.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $981
Preferred solution replace defective doors with new ones of same

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

Tipton, Missouri, United States #1248189

You get what you pay for. Buyer beware. Mastercraft doors are hot *** frankly.