Update added by user Dec 06, 2016
MarterCraft sent us replacement frames but they said they would not be the solid vinyl frames we originally ordered because they said they did not make them anymore instead they could send us composite frames that had staples.We agreed as long as they did not leak and looked good.
Both the 32" and 36" frames were picked up at Menards the evening of Dec 2nd. Got them home and took off cardboard to install on Dec 3rd and they were junk. Corners were not square having large gaps and staple nails that did not get in all the way were pushed over leaving raised area on nail head to cut a finger. We took them back to Menards and showed manager.
He said we had to still contact MasterCraft and they will do the same as they agreed they were defects. Still waiting on reply email from MasterCraft after sending them pictures of their faulty product telling them we want our money back or a better product. Menards did offer us 2 door frames off their floor but they had only wood frames on hand and we do not want that kind of frame and they also looked like crap.
Never again.Any suggestions on a door company that produces a good product in Minnesota that does not break your bank?
Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2016
We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft doors.Installed both doors In June.
First rain they leaked. Took out doors and re-installed and re-caulked thinking it was fixed. Large rain in October with wind; doors leaked terrible and window was worse with water running down inside. Called Menards, they said to contact MasterCraft for warranty.
We contacted and all we get is emails saying did not install correct. We did what they said and sent pictures showing we did everything. They continue to send back saying to caulk in more areas so we caulked even more. We also measured both doors and sent them specs.
36" door frame on top was 35 15/16 middle 36" and bottom 36 1/16". That should tell them the frame is bad. We tried more shims but nothing worked. They will not admit the frame is bad and will not replace the doors.
All they will replace is the leaky window. This has been going on for over a month and all they do is send more pictures saying to caulk more. Now they want us to caulk even between their door frame and their brickmold that came in one piece with door. Menards will not stand behind their product.
We want to get the extra room finished by Christmas but can't when doors leak. We have installed many other doors and never had leakage problem until now.
I would say they are building cheaper and asking larger price.Where is customer service anymore?
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Layout of Store|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Not backing their product
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- replace defective doors with new ones of same
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Menards Mastercraft Exterior Doors
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I saw in the ad they had 6-cube cubbies on sale for $19.99, normally $29.99. I wanted to get a couple of those plus some other things, so I drove..."
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "Fall 2011, we purchased six interior 6-panel PRE-painted doors from Menard's. We paid $25 extra per door as I thought it would be worth my time not to have..."
- "I was emailing and talking on comments with this girl @Tifflatowski92 and she convinced me to trade her my louis vuitton favorite pm for her louis vuitton favorite mm and..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "Could somebody help me retrieve the first fourteen digits on my credit card please? I have not seen my card for a month and I need help to remember my..."
- "I bought a pair of boots in the fall. They were little booties with leather fringes. The very first day I wore the boots.. The fringes started falling off. Every..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."