Fox Lake, Illinois
1.4
Layout of Store

I special ordered a mastercraft french door. I waited 2 weeks for it to come in. And then another 3 weeks to finally find a time where I could come there and the fox lake store had a truck to rent.

First issues, the store has 2 trucks, but will only rent 1. I'm told the other is a contractor truck, so you would rather it sit in the parking lot then help a customer bring there purchase home. Thats just fantastic.

Yesterday when I arrived to pick up the door, I was told at 830 that it was too late to rent the truck. Then had to explain to the manager how much of a pain in the butt its been to take my door home. I've also called a few times, and have been told the truck was rented, they took my number but never called me to tell me it was returned.

Ok so I finally convinced the manager to rent me the truck. Special order person, couldn't find my door. I finally found it, and i pulled some of the cardboard away to find that the glue from around the window had huge bubbles and that the cross hatch pattern was messed up because of the glue bubbles, there also was a crack in the glass.

Here's my frustration, its been 5 weeks since i placed the order and NO ONE has looked at the product that they want to give me. Not mastercraft, not Menards warehouse, not the Menards store. NO ONE. I finally get a manager of mill works out to special orders and he's like I can give you a discount. I told him I wouldn't take it for free. He offered to re order it, but I told him that since no one had checked it out before me, I wouldn't waste my time ordering it again to have the same thing happen.

At the front desk, I had them refund my money back. The manager who I had to argue with to even rent the truck, didn't want to hear about my complaint. She knew I was picking up a special order, she knew it was being refunded cause she had to come over and swipe her id when the guy rang the bell. You would think a manager would question why she was refunding over 500 dollars. Nope, she didn't care, the manager in millworks didn't care, the person in special orders didn't care, menards warehouse didn't care, and mastercraft didn't care.

Why don't you care?

Review about: Menards Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service, Quality.

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

If someone complained to u over and over and over would u care?.

They don't unpackaged the product when it arrives at the store because customers would complain that their product was opened and want a discount.Yes, the small glue spot was missed at the manufacturer when they packaged the door but you must admit it is a small spot to see when you are packaging hundred of doors a day.

As far as truck rental goes they have trucks for different uses at the store and only certain trucks are for rental use.

The rental trucks must be returned before the store closes and that is why they have a cut off time at night for picking truck up.It's not their fault you took 3 weeks to pick up the door (If you looked at your order, they could have sold it after 2 weeks).

Why should they care?They are all getting paid regardless.

You are expecting some personal accountability from them, but honestly what do you expect? They are just there to get a paycheck, they don't own the place. It's a shame people like you have driven the locally owned business out and now you complain about the alternative. For years the only thing that mattered to people like you was the price, and nothing but the price.

And now you don't get service worth a *** you complain about it.Brilliant!