Canton, Michigan

We purchased a patio bistro table at the Jackson, MI Menards 6-20-08. The carton had been retaped but we thought it was only handling damage.

What a surprise when we got home, it was easy to tell this table had been sold and assembled before. The paint was chipped on all 4 corners of the table, yet it was sold as new!! The exchange process cost over 75 miles round trip and 3 hours elapsed time. What a waste of time because of careless employees at Menards.

They didn't offer anything extra for our gas, time, & trouble.

Comments

We bought a glass top table there back in 2004. It has wintered indoors and was brought in prior to stormy weather in the summer.

I came home on Sunday, Feb 6, to find the glass shattered all over the floor.

Apparently there was a flaw in this table, too. :cry I loved the table and IF we can fix it it will probably cost more than the original table.

When you're dealing with a store like this, they're insured up the ***. They're not supposed to give you any resistance whatsoever.

If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in. Everybody jumps.

I work there as a cashier and at the service desk. And yes when I am at register and anyother person is they dont mind if you open the box to see if everything is ok with it.

we even help you check everything out.

and when you work at service desk the first thing you ask is anything wrong with it. since sometimes things get busy we dont have time to look so close to everything so we trust the costumer

I currently work at Menards at the Service desk and this table situation was not your fault. It is our job at the desk to carefully inspect returned items to see if they are damaged or used and if so, they must be defected and thrown away/sent back to manufactuer.

I am not sure what Menards you other people work at, but that is our rule.

So I am sorry that happened to you. Someone was just too lazy to check out the item.

If the box was broken and torn, maybe you should of used more common sence. Menards does not have a problem with guest inspecting the product inside a shaby looking box. Thats all you had to do or just pick another box.

Funny how "fella" and "yeah, I work there" blame the customer for a fradulant action. At least menardsguy is trying to reason with an unhappy customer..fella does end up making a good point, just shop somewhere else that really does care. With associates like the foremention, why put yourself in that position.

good point. i think there are a lot of people who suspect that menards somehow controls the oil markets, and gets a kick out of making people drive back and forth. possibly ride a bike/walk/move closer??

#20324

Maybe you should move closer to every possible destination that you might be travelling to. That way, I won't have to listen to you complain about how far you have to drive.

Or maybe they could put all the stores in the world on casters and bring them to your driveway at your whim. If you dont want to drive, than don't. I am sick and tired of hearing people complain about how far they have to drive, or how much gas costs. If you don't like it, than do something about it.

Work and shop closer to home. Stop making *** trips to buy patio furniture, drive a more fuel efficient vehicle, or just plain drive less.

If you want to complain about gas prices, call BP, if you don't like to drive, than walk. Please, just stop whining

#19723

what table was it exactly that you bought? just curious.

Should you have gotten a table in bad shape? no. Should you have checked a damaged box before you left? yes.

If you thought the box was damaged from handling what's to say the table wasn't damaged due to handling. I've opened many a boxes for people because the box was in bad shape. Most of the time the product inside is just fine. I have found things that look i repeat LOOK like they have been returned when i know for a fact it is new.

The product was just damaged in the shipping and recieving process. Word of advice...always check a product if the box is damaged!!!

#19719

maybe next time, you'll use your head and actually check inside the box to inspect your purchase beforehand. i bet any associate with a box cutter would have been happy to help you out with that.

thanks to your own ignorance and stupidity, you wasted your time and money. blame this on yourself, and hope that you've learned a lesson in the process.