Verified Reviewer

3.1

Returned a snowblower to Menards Davenport Ia. .

28 days old, grinding noise in drive gear box and the auger has broken 9 different pins while doing snow and ice. There is 1 on each augur blade. Not knowing one had broken it wore the plastic sleeve melting it onto one of the auger shafts. Called Menards and was told Muscatine Ia was the closest warranty place.

1 if id of known this i wouldn't of bought the snowblower 2 it states its works in snow and ice.

After calling service center i was told they wouldn't warranty the broken parts from ice.

Your GM still wouldn't return this item as I'm not happy with driving a 2 hour round trip to have a machine not serviced and 2 more to pick it up. Your gas policies are printed in small print at the bottom of the receipts. Like who reads that small print and normally it's the rebate area. After nothing was being done to make me a happy customer as I have been with anything I've ever bought at Menards.

I took the snowblower and drove it into your customer service area and left it. So now you have a worthless piece of equipment and I'm out $658.00 as with returning today to drop off the books to it, they tried to get me to take it back.

I have never been this unhappy with anything and will not be back to purchase anything from Menards again. Will also talk my boss and anyone I know not to pursue purchasing anything as well

User's recommendation: Don't purchase gas items from Menards.

Product or Service Mentioned: Briggs And Stratton Snow Blower.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Pros: Generally favorable shopping.

Menards Cons: Customer service.

Location: 6600 North Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52806

Comments

#2041827

6 months later and still no answer from Menards Corporate..

#1978261

The receipt isn't the only place to find their policy on gas powered equipment. It is also on signs in the area where they sell gas powered equipment.

Snowblowers are made for moving snow, not ice. The sheer pins are on the blades to help prevent damage to the engine and gear train (read the instruction book). They did their job. You are obviously abusing the machine if you are going through that many pins.

The snowblower is covered by a warranty that will repair manufactures defects, not abuse to the machine. Neither the manufacturer nor the retail store should be expected to take a loss because you are using a product in a manner it wasn't meant to be used.

#1980061
@PissedConsumer1978261

No there are no sign anywhere in sight

Menards Reviews