Verified Reviewer

Menard's surely knows that their Richmond gas water heaters are a piece of

junk. The internet is FULL of complaints about bad gas valves for over a year

now but NO, Menards still is selling them to their unknowing customers. Purchased one 9 months ago and the pilot light will not stay lited. Went out

the day before new years eve and after 37 calls to Rheem, who owns Richmond

got through to CS. They are shipping me one so my tenant is going to be without hot water at least 7 or 8 days.They want a refund on the rent and I agree as its not the tenants fault. Why doesn't Menards have extra gas valves in stock

for free for warranty claims? *** poor management is my best guess. I feel

Menards owes me something for sell me a piece of junk. Why would I return

to purchase anything else at Menards? Answers anyone, anyone?

User's recommendation: Don't buy a Richmond water heater.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Cons: Selling defective merchandis.

Location: Springfield, Missouri

Comments

Do you really expect retail stores to stock replacement parts for everything they sell? They just don't have room for them.

It's a good idea to see exactly what a warranty covers before you purchase a product. In your case a service plan with a local utility that covers the furnace, water heater, air conditioner and appliances might be a good investment.

@PissedConsumer2112145

No, I do not expect them to carry replacement parts for everything they sell but when an item they are selling has a real defect and they know it, yes. Either have replacement parts available or better yet, stop selling that particular item.

9 months later, Menards is still selling the same water heater. Appears that someone at Menards has dropped the ball.

@PissedConsumer2112378

Most likely what happened is Richmond had issues with this model so stores such as Home Depot, Lowe’s and plumbers discontinued these but then along comes menards to buy pallets of these lemons for a lowball price to resell at the stores. Notice how menards website does not allow for customer feedback and review on products, this is the reason. They sell low quality products then pass the buck when you have issues.

Menards Reviews