56 views

She never spoke Broke off two flowers of my plants that I was buying I told her to please dont break the plans she said I had to pick them up I said you can pick them up do you want to break them and she smart off said I am not breaking them I said would you please just be careful and all she said You owe 13.92 We shop all the time at menards We built our house through Menards but I will be damned if Im gonna deal with a rude cashier the date was five 1521 and her name was Haley Store 3290. I will tell you I told her she was being rude and if she wasnt happy with the job she shouldnt be here to treat people like she was she was very nasty

Preferred solution: Apology.

Menards Pros: Generally favorable shopping.

Menards Cons: Poor customer service poor employees.

Comments

#2013454

Posting here doesn't solve the problem. You should have talked to the store manager. You can also fill out one of their brown comment forms and send it in, they tend to be rather effective in getting the message to store management and the employees involved.

#2013825
@PissedConsumer2013454

perhaps Haley previously worked at aldi where they absolutely love smashing cereal boxes, egg cartons, and causing cans of soda to dent and start leaking.

#2014003
@PissedConsumer2013454

I told store manager she just looked at me like I was nothing

#2014148
@PissedConsumer2014003

Shopping at menards is like dating first class women, they judge you by how thick your wallet is. If your loaded and love spending money they will be your best friend, but as soon as the wallet runs dry they ignore you for someone with deeper pockets.

#2095161
@PissedConsumer2013454

We’ve tried discussing things with management before and they were equally as rude! Once, years ago, we were building a deck and were being overcharged for all of the lumber, making verbal corrections each time items were incorrectly rung up (which was everything except the hangers and screws mind you) the front end manager was watching from the desk area about 20 feet away (someone obviously did not input weekly ad prep pricing into the store’s system) and they kept having to do price overrides.

Then, when rung up for our final item, the railing’s metal spindles, the gal rang us up incorrectly in our favor. We tried to tell her several times that her math wasn’t correct as we owed more - a lot more, but the cashier was loud, rude & rolled her eyes at us - prompting the the manager to come over again without being called this time (again, they were only about 20 feet away). We thought the manager would make the correction once hearing why, but then they were equally as rude to us and backed the cashier in her dumb math! We kept explaining to them why it was incorrect, but they couldn’t wrap their heads around simple math!

We should’ve had 6 boxes of qty 30 at $1.50 each, for total of 180 qty and total price of $270, but instead we paid $9. Their rudeness cost them $261! When the manager came over and was rude as well, backing up the cashier, my husband explained it to them a different way, and when she insisted it was correct and the manager backed the cashier yet again, he looked at them both and asked “are you sure?” They both were adamant they were correct & he said “if you’re going to sell these 6 boxes to us for that price, I’m cool with that!” Since they were so loud about the transaction, people at the neighboring check out lane heard the entire conversation. When we went out to load, the guy who was in the neighboring check out was parked near us & laughed while asking “so how much money did that save you?” Hubby told him $261!

He said “you tried to tell them!” - they both continued to laugh about it as we loaded with our respective purchases.

As a past retail manager, I felt awful for their inventory loss, but when they both came at us like that and were super rude drawing attention with people watching, it seemed to justify the situation. Now, every time I look at my deck or someone tells us a bad story about their customer service experience there, we share that story and everyone laughs their backsides off!

Menards Reviews