Oregon, Ohio

The security is ridiculous - I am driving a 60K brand new truck with a trailer to pick up a large order of carpeting, and not only was I asked by security if they could look inside the trailer, they wanted to look inside the back of my truck as well. I just picked up over $1,000 worth of carpet and you are checking my vehicle?

Seriously? I understand there is a lot of theft these days, but use common sense.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to use cameras to monitor people instead of insulting them all by assuming they are thieves? Back to Home Depot for this contractor!

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Comments

apparently this guy just feels like he's above and better than anyone else. Guess you should have extended your loan out even further and got that $80K truck......

1.) There are cameras. 2.) The yard is the most common place for anything to be stolen 3.) you agree to a vehicle search anyway by purchasing on a picking ticket and entering the yard, read it 4.) "common sense" would be searching your cab too

You could have taken the carpet out the front door just like you have to do at Home Depot and not driven into the secured yard. If you feel you need to drive into the yard you need to abide by their security measures, including having your vehicle inspected.

This is posted at the entrance to the yard so you shouldn't be surprised when they ask to check your vehicle when you leave. If you don't want you vehicle checked (this isn't a problem for honest people) put your carpet on a cart and take it through the registers and out the front door.

Man...airport security made me take my stuff out my pockets so I feel ya.

I don't see why they can't just use cameras to stop terrorists from taking over planes and using weapons...

They just must want to be ***.....