17.7K views

Menards is such a rip off and a scam. I wonder how much money you have made from customers who haven't sent in the rebate because the sales slip was lost or rebate forgotten about.

I have gone to your store thinking that I am saving money by purchasing a product on sale only to find out it says in very small print "after rebate" which means "after rip off".

I would rather shop at Home Depot where the advertised sale price is the price you actually pay no hassles about sending in and waiting for a one dollar rebate check in the mail. So go ahead and keep it up but I along with a lot of other people I know are taking our business to Home Depot.

Comments

Ok if you want to get receipt you lost and paid with card you can get copy off their machine in store. Also Menards will let you bring in the same receipt for day or week before 11% sale item and make it like you returned item and do a new receipt with the rebate slip to be mailed in to get your savings.

As far as home Depot their 10% military discount is for only up to 200.00 savings. Ordering big pole barn from Menards for the 11%.

to justducky #1501257

The copy of the receipt won't be accepted for the rebate. They require the original rebate receipt.

Yes they do mislead...or an employee misspoke....bought 800 dollars worth of shower doors (2) on sale day before.Knowing rebate next day.Asked employee if rebate would still apply.Employee said yes no problem...just fill out form and mail it in...I did and reply from center was can not honor because units were bought on sale.I knew this if course....but lesson is...the floor workers don't know Jack and will tell you anything to make a sale.

to Already knowing customer #1484728

You don't get both. You bought the items on sale and if the sale price was better than the price after rebate you got a good deal. If the rebate had been better you would have receive the difference between the sale price and the rebate.

so you are pissed at Menards because YOU lost the receipt?

I find Menards prices to be lower or the same as any of the other places. And I don't see how it's a "rip off" that you lost your receipt.

That's on you buddy.

This stuff isn't hard. Don't blame them because you have the organizational skills of a dazed squirrel.

So...you blame Menards because YOU lost the receipt...or because You were too lazy to fill it out? Get real.

Menards doesn’t stand behind the rebate scam. Please go to Home Depot or Lowe’s.I made a large purchase in December 2017.

Still have not received rebate. I’ve emailed this REBATE INTERNATIONAL, more than once’s regarding this with no answers.Please if you shop there DON’T fall for the rebate scam.

to Anonymous #1490926

If you put your email in, you can look up the status on their website.

Don’t be a dumb *** and mail your rebate in. Been doing it for years. Have gotten thousands of dollars back to spend at menards again

Crybaby, they have legit rebates. I've spent 1000s there and sent in the rebates and they are good

Home Depot will match Menard 11 percent rebate and It's easier to apply for on line. No forms and to receipts to mail in.

When they run the 11% rebates the up thier prices they also hide certain items in overstock so you can’t buy them. They as very very dishonest company - I know I work at thier General office every day but I looking for a better job to get the *** away from the creeps!

to Ryan #1439308

Ryan, you are so full of it I'm surprised you haven't exploded yet. Having worked in the stores for years I can tell you we don't run around changing bin tags jacking up the prices all night Saturday to cover for the 11% rebates.

Not enough hours overnight to change all the prices at the start and end of the sale.

If consumers were smart they would realize that the regular sale flyers often offer a better discount than the 11% rebate. The rebate is good for things that don't end up in the flyers though.

to Ryan #1441921

100% BS

Lowe's is by the far the best when it comes to the 11% rebate. You can do it all online and get the rebate emailed to you in a week or two.

Additionally, they still give me my special pricing and I still get the 11% rebate. Home Depot or Menards has yet been able to touch the pricing that Lowe's gives me.

Please go to Home Depot. I like the idea of not having to bump into you anywhere.

to Joe Doe #1434375

One more thing that would probobly make you mad is the fact that you dont recieve a check in the mail.you recieve a voucher/gift card good for instore purchases.

to Harry #1434407

Why would that make you mad? It clearly states the rebates are in the form of a merchandise credit. Too bad people aren't intelligent enough to understand the details of their promotions.

I shop Menards often and like the layout of the store. The only downfall to the rebates is that Occasionally I don’t get the credit back. It’s like my rebate form and receipt disappear into the abyss.