Don't buy a lawn mower at their stores. If it don't run they won't take it back.

The store manager told me that "if you put gas in it we can't take it back" how are you suppose to see if it runs without gas??

They don't stand behind the products they sell. Neither can I cause it don't run...rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off rip-off

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Manager.

Comments

Valparaiso, Indiana, United States #685535

A year ago I purchased a Brute self propelled mower from Menards. It ran for 30 minutes and would not start.

I was given a replacement Brute self propelled mower by Menards. This one ran for 3-4 hours. It will not stay running. I was told to take to a repair shop.

I have spent tens of thousands of dollars at Menards. NOT ANY MORE ! Tomorrow I will call the corporate offices and I suspect little assistance; From what I have read in the reviews.

Besides not shopping at Menards any more; I plan on filing a suit against Menards for the $300 plus dollars I was ripped off. HOME DEPOT AND LOWES here I come.

@ obert0: As the obertO before you stated, people are just doing their job. I don't see the two people you are referencing, but if they are the ones at the top, "FellowMenardian", he is simply explaining the way that the policy goes.

Even managers still have to follow corporate policy.

As others also explained, you can't have an item containing gasoline just left to sit in the store. If the warranty would have provided the customer with the ability to take it somewhere to have it returned, then it's the consumer's fault for not taking the warranty.

I used to work the service desk all the time and this scenario always went down. If you put gas in it, we cannot take it back.

People don't realize what a health hazard that is to employees and other guests. Who wants to smell gasoline all day when they are at the service counter? And when you make a purchase of an item that qualified for the additional warranty, people often skipped it at the register.

Well that's your fault if you didn't buy the warranty and it didn't work. READ THE FINE PRINT!!

The return policy is listed all over the place by the gas powered equipment any pushed gas power equipment goes to repair. Which is covered if under warranty by the manufacture.

Menards is not responsible for anything. You're entitled to nothing. Learn the return policy before you buy it if you plan on making an expensive purchase.

Oh and don't buy the piece of junk lawn mower that was made in china in the first place. If you want something that will run you will need to buy quality.

Your actually wrong and i think there is more to the story than your telling, you are suppose to take it to a service center first, were if its broken the warranty will pay for it, if its not working anymore, the store will return it, but you must empty the gas, They cant have a gas filled item in the store, thats a safety issue. They get items with warranty's so they do back there products and thats and this process is at lowes and home depot

actually he's not the only pissed off customer of menards!! anytime we have bought a product that promises a rebate over $5...we have never recieved it!!

This is partly why we buy products like we did because we anticipate a rebate. Last year we bought a rubbermaid shed that was $500 and came with a $50 rebate. We sent the rebate in the day we purchased the shed. Well, one year later it has never been recieved....what menards had to say....we never recieved it.

So, we decided to give this another shot the following year. My boyfriend purchased a tool set that was originally $70 an the only reason he did was because it was inthe sale add and came with a $2o rebate, so he thought this to be a good deal. We made copies this time of reciepts and rebates because last time we were scammed. Well, its been over 3 months and they say they still haven't recieved it.

At the same time we purchased another item that came with a $3.00 rebate and sent it out the same day and have recieved that one!! So whats the problem, you scam people out of the rebates you promise if they are over $5?? This is bull *** because most people buy these products because of the rebates. On top of it, my boyfgfriend has never used the tools and said take them back because he feels scammed!!

The store told us they would have to take $20 off of his refund for a rebate that we did not recieve!!! WTF!!!!! Seriously not only did we get screwed out of a $20 rebate, now you want to make another profit of $2o?? No effing way, we will never step foot in that store again!

Consider that our last purchase and the last money you will ever take us for a ride for!!! I will now be a home depot customer!!

to katie #672519

I get tired of hearing people always complaining about anything. For one menards didn't rip you off they have a repair guy they tell you to take your product to when they can't fix it they give paper work to take back to menards to have menards take it back but, you must dump out the gasoline the reason they don't right away is the health hazard.

Then when people have trouble with the rebates go to www.rebatesinternational.com that is the company menards goes through. Also if you do have questions talk to an employee they will help you they have always helped me.

If you or your readers need more

information about saving money

I have plenty of information here,

Engine and Transmission World WELCOME!

If you or your readers need more

information about saving money

I have plenty of information here,

Engine and Transmission World WELCOME!

Extended warranties are a complete scam, read the fine print. Purchasing that simply goes into the big cheese's pockets, will not help you. We several thousands of dollars there a year, and never have had a problem returning anything.

And you can stop being such an ***hole and dump all of your negativity at the poor people working there that just do their jobs. They are not the people who make the rules.

They just have to follow them so that they can keep their jobs.

If you want to comPlain about a corporate policy go to their web site and do that there. My sister works as a cashier at the service desk and ***holes like you make her cry every day.

oberto0

@ "i work there" and "Menards Team Member". No wonder your store has so many complaints with jerks like you working there.

Like I said in a previous complaint that dealt with the same problem, you (Menards) seem to enjoy being so *** cold about it. And passing the blame onto someone or something else that isn't "your" fault doesn't "help" a frustrated customer.

For God's sake, do the right thing for once and try to be helpful instead of critical. :sigh

if you have a complaint at menards, this is their help desk number that is such a "secret" 715-876-2636 enjoy :)

@ Menards Team Member on June 25, 2011 . .

. you are a good example of why Menards suck . . .

you are the *** one . . . a business can't sell a defective product and not stand behind .

. . regardless of whether the customer purchased your jacked-up warranty or not . .

. IT IS ILLEGAL . . .

the customer suffering from this rip-off needs to contact the state attorney general .

. .

Like too many instances in life . .

.WHY COULDN'T SOMEBODY JUST TELL 'EM IN THE FIRST PLACE HOW TO GET IT FIXED OR RETURNED? Would've been easier Menards - really.

I purchased a *** wacker from Menards and used it 1 hour and it quit working, I thought I will just take it back 3 days after I had purchased it, they said did you put gas in it I said yes, and they said they could not take it back. Who in thier right mind would make up such a rule?????? I think a big company like that should stand behind the products they sell a little better then that.

once you put gas in it, it does have to go to a service center where it will be fixed free of charge if it is truly broke, and it wasnt operator error. If they are not able to fix it they just have to give you a letter saying it cant be, then we take it back/replace it.

If you were to buy any other type of vehicle like a car or truck from a dealer and it doesnt work, you don't take it back and get a brand new one, they fix it.

Plus the service desk cashier or the hardware managers DO NOT, i repeat DO not make the rules. Those are the rules of the company that make the item.

Are you really that ***? Why would we take it back and put it on a shelf or something?

We don't take NOTHING that had gas or oil in it. We have replacement plans on almost every appliance just for these cases. Say the lawnmower was $200. The replacement plan would be $20 for a whole year passed the manufacturer warranty and it covers replacing the produce and maintenance at no charge to you at all.

Stop flaming us just because you're too cheap to spend 10% of the price of the product. No other store will do that for people. Pay another 10% and you can upgrade your product at any time or exchange it for a new one within the "renewable" warranty (Except gas items). We didn't make the lawnmower.

We don't test every unit so don't even start. Thank you.

to Menards Team Member Springfield, Illinois, United States #575834

Your comment made no sense!

"We have replacement plans on almost every appliance just for these cases." then after you bad mouth the customer you make the statement "Pay another 10% and you can upgrade your product at any time or exchange it for a new one within the "renewable" warranty (Except gas items)."

What you just said is pay 10% more for a warranty on a gas mower and we still won't honor it.

You proved the customer is right...it is a rip-off.