Timothy S Ycr

| map-marker Grand Rapids, Michigan

Rebate

I am not receiving my rebates and cannot contact anyone fraud fraud fraud fraud fraud fraud fraud fraud fraud

User's recommendation: False advertising Menards is a fraud heed the warning or pay the price

Guest

Have you tried tracking your rebates on their web site? There is also a from to fill out there for more help.

Have you been receiving post cards with advertising for their products and tossing them in the trash? If so, those were your rebates.

Matthew K Kpk

| map-marker Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Very poor customer service

Menards - Very poor customer service
Menards - Very poor customer service - Image 2

This is about Menards in Big Rapids, Mi. 49307.First of all, it is nearly impossible to find any workers to help you.

I had to walk all over the store to find an associate to help me find an item.

Then, I went to pick up a special order. There was only one associate that I saw with a customer. I asked the associate what was going on, and the associate was arguing with me because she said she was the only one there, and they were really busy. (Which they were not) I asked to speak to a manager.

The associate said there was no manager on duty. I look around the corner behind the millwork desk. There were 2 associates playing around. One was playing with his phone, the other was playing with his hair.

I have about had it with Menards. I build a new house and have spent 10's of thousands of dollars there.

At least when I go to Lowes, an associate always approaches and asks if you need help. I will pay an extra few bucks at Lowes just because I feel appropriate and they thank you as well.

Cons:
  • Very poor management

Preferred solution: I would like to know why the manager doesn't set the store up for success instead of failure!!!

User's recommendation: Go to Lowes

JAMES B Rvf

Product failure

Menards - Product failure
Menards - Product failure - Image 2
Updated by user Jul 08, 2024

Asked Menard's if there was any restitution for the Schultz Grass seed that produced very poor results after sowing in my yard.I never have received any response nor can I find any information from Schultz if they have any guarantee on their products.

Original review Jun 24, 2024
Purchased a10# bag of Schultz "Once'nDone" on 6/19/2024 for $32.48 @ Menards in Muncie, Indiana 47304. Applied the entire bagged product the following day and have been diligent in following all the instructions including watering 3 times per day.
I might add that the coverage rate provided is in no way applicable to covering the 400 square foot area as described on the label as I was covering an area of tilled soil measuring approximately 60' foot by 3' foot maximum.
Sad to say as of today, there is no evidence of any seed germination whatsoever.
Question now is there any recourse on getting a refund for this failed product and whom should I request it from?
Please respond by email (jbnizer@***.com) or text (only) 765-212-****.
Thank you for your immediate response to my query,
James Faulkner
jbnizer@***.com
Loss:
Pros:
  • Location muncie indiana
Cons:
  • Products failed to germinate

Preferred solution: Full refund

Guest

You are complaining far too soon. It says it germinates in 3-7 days.

7 days is the soonest you should be complaining.

You are only on the 4th day. Give it more time.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2553331

I bet you tell your wife the same excuse about your e.d. Pills..,,,,,,,,, “ You are complaining far too soon.

It says it germinates in 3-7 days.

7 days is the soonest you should be complaining. “

View more comments (1)
Zac A Kcr

Verified Buyer

Delivery is a joke and NO customer service number to complain

Menards - Delivery is a joke and NO customer service number to complain
Menards - Delivery is a joke and NO customer service number to complain - Image 2
Menards - Delivery is a joke and NO customer service number to complain - Image 3
Menards - Delivery is a joke and NO customer service number to complain - Image 4

For the second time in a month, my product has arrived damaged. I had to drive all the way to the store (a pain, which is why I had it delivered) to return the first item.

This time, they delivered it to the opposite side of the house that never gets used.

The pictures clearly show that the entrance is blocked off and, furthermore, even has a clear sign saying 'side door.' I had to carry the product all the way around to the other side of the house. Four packages of anchors were missing, and my railing looked like someone had stepped right on them, bending them.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Had the product
Cons:
  • No customer service phone number
  • Too far
  • Delivery is a complete joke

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: BEWARE. DONT USE SAME DAY DELIVERY

Guest

You can just call the store and talk to the store manager. Unfortunately there are a lot of their store managers that don't take solving customers problems very seriously.

Ashley T Pxn

| map-marker Brooklyn, Ohio

Bought a Brand new fridge and received it dented and dinged

Menards - Bought a Brand new fridge and received it dented and dinged
Menards - Bought a Brand new fridge and received it dented and dinged - Image 2
Menards - Bought a Brand new fridge and received it dented and dinged - Image 3

I ordered a new fridge, a simple fridge, to specifically avoid issues with bells and whistles on modern-day ones, and encountered an issue anyway... It arrived dented and the side was scratched.

I took pictures and plan on reporting to the Better Business Bureau and disputing with my credit card ONLY AFTER CONTACTING THE GENERAL MANAGER AND BEING TOLD THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO BESIDES CHARGE ME AGAIN TO DELIVER ANOTHER OR SWAP IT OUT FOR ANOTHER.

AT THIS LEVEL OF HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS THE WAY EVERYTHING ELSE IS. THIS IS A SAD EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY SERVING THE PUBLIC.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Location
Cons:
  • Horrible service and poorly run store

User's recommendation: VISIT DEPOT OR LOWES FOR BETTER SERVICE

Guest

I take it you didn't look at Pissed consumer before you made the purchase. If you did you would have thought twice about buying a Criterion appliance considering the amount of complains about them.

LaTanya R Uvc

Dispute over sale offer

Menards - Dispute over sale offer
Menards - Dispute over sale offer - Image 2

Didn't honor sale price that was posted.

It was a sign that read org, 134.99 now 67.50 . Each .

Be Pacific. It's not the customer fault your sign wasn't right.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Sale price
Cons:
  • Not honor sale

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: When you have a sale sign on for display.And it reads on sales each but Menard mean one Pacific item. Its not tge customers fault. Should be honor. not single out for

Guest

"Pacific" It's "specific" Keisha, not Pacific. If you want people to take you seriously, do NOT write like you talk. For that matter, learn to speak.

LaTanya R Uvc

| map-marker Merrillville, Indiana

Not honoring sale price that was posted by sign

Menards - Not honoring sale price that was posted by sign
Menards - Not honoring sale price that was posted by sign - Image 2

I went to by a weed trimmer & saw a sign that read org. 134 . 00 now 67.50

Each ..

I get to the counter & it's not honor.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Sale price
Cons:
  • Not backing their product

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: If you have a sign honor it. If it's not for all items then be Pacific, put item only this item not each. Human era but not the customer ‼

Guest

Oh, you're from Lake County Indiana...That explains a lot..

Charles B Idp

| map-marker Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Disasanaiton

This is Charles Dakota Barrett I definitely don't like one bit how this company especially store number 3368 has treated my handicap wife Marlana Barrett just because of a friend of ours Valerie called the store last week when Valerie couldn't get a hold of me on my cell phone and Valerie had permission from me to call the store and the person that answered the phone came up to me and just started yelling at me and telling me that it was my wife marlana Barrett who called meardes but the truth is it was our friend Valerie calling and pretending to be my wife and now because some of the mangers here want to disagreement against my wife marlana Barrett and I now my wife marlana Barrett is not allowed on the property because of our friend Valerie who kept calling the store on my wife's phone all last week when my wife was upstairs laying down when this happened and as soon we both found this out we called the store the next day and let them know that it definitely wasn't my wife marlana Barrett that called at all but they didn't want to even hear us out so before they heard our side they banned my wife marlana Barrett who is handicapped from the store and as marlana s husband i wanted my wife taken off of the no trespassing order that should definitely not have been put on my wife marlana Barrett in the first place the police complant number that this store filed against my wife marlana Barrett is 2024 3**** and the phone number that they have on the paperwork is 304 281 **** and thats not even my wifes phone number so they failsly aquruse my wife marlana Barrett and I want my wife marlana Barrett to be sent another letter in the mail to our address at 7001 riffle drive Apt 6045 moundsville w v 26041 and apologize to her in writing and let my wife marlana Barrett allowed back into the store.

map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Bought old shingles from Menards

Bought old shingles from Menards
Bought old shingles from Menards - Image 2

Is it legal to sell shingles at today prices that are over a year old ? Bought shingles for the house after major hail storm.

Menards is selling old stuff.

They should be half price or throw them away. Most people probably dont even look at the date.

Guest

So you are saying you are mad that products made to be outside are outside? Huh?

They are wrapped in plastic, and worst case the one top piece would be exposed, not all the shingles. This might be the stupidest complaint I have seen on here.

Guest

What make you think they are over a year old? I don't see a specific date spelled out in your pictures but the 26623 may be a date code indicating they were made on the 266th day of 23 which would have been in mid August last year.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2539161

10 months sitting idle in a open lumberyard is going to put a lot of wear and tear on “ new stock “ from being in direct sunlight, to pallet of shingles sitting in a rainstorm with rainwater puddled on top, and of course snow and ice though out the winter season all putting wear and tear on new merchandise. Any other retailer stocks roofing material inside the building.

Of course menards also has the brilliant idea to have rolls of insulation in a 3 sided pole barn exposed to rodents nesting within and damage from puddles of rainwater. The headaches and run around is not worth the 11% in store credit “ rebate”

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2541796

If you don't like the way they stock. the products they sell simply make your purchases elsewhere. No on forces you to buy from Menards.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2542064

Mission accomplished! We just had a neighborhood party over the weekend and plenty of people doing house remodeling along with a couple contractors as well within the neighborhood.

Throughout our discussions of projects both accomplished and upcoming we all concluded menards had the poorest service and products. We have home depot, lowes, and menards within a baseball throw of each other and despite home depot discontinuing their 11% price match this year the vast majority of neighbors support that store. They tends to have better quality products all around, property store materials as just discussed, worked directly with home installers and delivery instead of pass the buck, and have staff that's knowledgeable of the products they sell as well have used them personally.

At menards staff makes a game of playing hide and seek when a customer is struggling to find a products of needs advice. Best advise is vote with you wallet to support employees who appreciate the customer who directly provides them with a paycheck and a job.

View more comments (4)
greg b Mer

| map-marker Baraboo, Wisconsin

Menards Ripped Me Off

4/19/24 at 12:04 I rented a floor sanding machine with a 4.00 dollar damage coverage, 40.00 dollars first 4 hours then 2.50 per after. ( 45 min Distance to Menard's ).

My daughter returned the machine and couldn't find the dust collection bag thinking it must have been thrown away. She came back to her home told me about it and I stated not to worry we have rental coverage, she replied the man was very nasty ! and he was leaving the rental ticket open ! Wouldn't that be covered with the 4.00 insurance ???

I figured I would search the garbage cans full of wood floor debris and what not, before I head back-to Illinois.

It was now late and I would look Sunday morning b4 leaving, I found the bag after dumping the trash cans, What a mess, I put the crap back in the trash can sometime went by and headed to Menard's now later afternoon, Within a short time I get a call the house is on fire!!! Apparently, the dust from floor-sanding is very flammable in the sun ! in the trash can.! > ( Maybe A WARNING SIGN should be included with the rental of floor-sanding equipment ) < Thousands of dollars in damages from the fire to the home and fence and neighbors home.

Now I get to Menard's on Monday afternoon and explain to the return cashier.

She took the bag and I told her to check the status of my ticket she assures me absolutely it would be closed, but she'll look it up low and behold it's open and calls Gary to the counter, And here we go the "MR. Authority Garry" nasty man starts telling me he told the mother-in-law and my daughter this is now an un-rentable machine ! I stated again have the coverage ! And don't you stock spare dust bags?

& that is bad business by not doing so. I tell him again bad business practices inform him that being in the trades for years you carry spares, like drills, hammers, saws, glue anything you use regularly being a carpenter you don't quit for the day when your hammer handle brakes DO YOU ? He smirks and says so what and it wasn't missing and it's here now! So i then say that the home was nearly burnt down showing him the images of the blazing garbage cans just a-few feet from the home.

looking only to cut a little slack in the hours.

He asks for my credit card I thought he was going to give me my 4.00 dollars back that cashier Dakota said would be refunded upon return without damages and charges me 113.41 for the additional hours. not refunding the 4.00

I told him I would be taking my future business to Home depot.

Garry fires back good luck with that!!!

This man Gary, If he's the store manager with an attitude like he shown me, needs to be fired, he is a bad employee, he has problems clearly. This type of person is the reason for other employees with great customer service and kindness leave this store.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Rent some tools
Cons:
  • Disgruntled employee will erode your companys culture
  • Bad manager can also create a negative working environment

Anita R Kmd

Unhappy with a purchase

I purchased over 60 pieces of Backband WM280 WHTPOLY 11/16X1-1/16X8, 417**** at $4.99 each using cash or a credit card for over $150.00. I was using the back side of the Backband for my project and wanted the white so it wouldn't have to be painted as that was unnecessary for my project.

After installing all of the White Poly Backband in my basement, which has no outside lighting, I noticed it looked off-color or dirty... Upon a closer look, I found it was painted another white shade on the reverse side and had bled onto the side I was using. Apparently, someone previously purchased the backband, painted it, and then returned it. It was also apparently put back into stock where I purchased the painted product.

I had to tape and repaint every piece that was installed on my freshly painted walls. This was a huge task and very costly in time and money for the many rolls of painter's tape, brushes, rollers, and paint! I have two questions: do you not check returned items for use? If you do accept used items, why do you put them back in stock?

I would like to request restitution for the $150.00 I paid for the painted returned Backband, painter's tape, brushes, rollers, paint and the over 10 hours it has taken me to repaint the painted returned product. I have been a customer for many, many years and have always been most satisfied with my purchases and the condition of them. But allowing someone to alter a product and return it to be sold to an unsuspecting customer is not right. I understand mistakes happen and most likely your staff member did not notice the painted portions as I didn't when I made the purchases, or I wouldn't have purchased or installed them.

What can be done to make the purchase worthwhile? Anita Raddatz atina2501@***.com 708-334-****

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Double check your purchases that they are not altered, used, opened or have been returned.

Guest

If you didn't notice they had been painted as you picked them in the store, loading them in your vehicle and bringing them into your home it obviously wasn't that noticeable, If you didn't notice it, there is a good chance the employee putting them in stock didn't notice a problem with them either.

Deborah B Zsp

Delivery

Menards - Delivery

I paid $110 for a delivery of a recliner for my 95-year-old Mother. They left it on the front porch at 7 am and didn't even send a notice that it was delivered.

I contacted the store and they said sorry. I was never told they would leave a piece of furniture on the porch.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not use their delivery service.

Guest

Unfortunately their basic delivery charge doesn't cover bringing product into the home. There would have been an additional fee for that.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2531774

$110 for a 8 mile 1 way delivery of a box that that can be transported on a 2 wheel dolly is outrageous, then literally leave in the front yard. Next time just walk away from the sales clerk when they charge extreme labor charge for a local delivery.

View more comments (1)
scott t Ndu

Your managers suck

i am a contractor through your program in cherry valley il and i usally get 10 - 15 calls a week and for the past three months and they pulled my fliers without telling me or calling me , taking it upon themsleves to eliminate my company from said program without contacting me at which time they said it was because of ethics *** i have a right to get multiple quotes for my customers and work with them to save them money your managers at the cherry valley store are rude and comletely with out brains and by the way if your managers talk to me like im 2 yrs old your mangers will be put in there place i will make sure that from now on oif im contacted bt someone from menard inc i will discourage them from ever buying from that store if you want to talk to me further 815-494-****

Guest

If what you are saying is that you are purchasing the material for jobs you get from the sheets you had up at Menards from other stores you can bet they will remove your information from there racks. The reason Menards has contractor information available is to sell the merchandise for the contractor to install.

They make no money off the labor contractors provide.

If you post your information and purchase the materials elsewhere you are taking sales away from Menards. Why should they keep your information available if you are going to take sales away from them?

Resolved
Robert R Opd

| map-marker Duluth, Minnesota

Resolved: Lost gift card

I sent a gift card on the 8th of this month and was told it was sent. As of today, it has not been received. I rechecked and they had misspelled the email.

User's recommendation: Be careful of email spelling

Guest

Is it possible that you misspelled the e-mail when you placed the order? It would be rare that someone would be re-entering the e-mail when processing an order like that.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2529862

Sure was possible however, the problem was getting them to resend it with the proper email

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2529898

I would expect any company would not just replace it. They would first have to check to make sure it wasn't used by someone that may have had the address it was sent to and then cancel it if it hadn't been used. Always review any on-line order you place to make sure the details are correct to avoid problems.

View more comments (2)
Akshita Xom

| map-marker Mount Prospect, Illinois

Portable AC Unit

Menards - Portable AC Unit

I ordered a Portable AC Unit online and I did not get the discounted price of $177! I stead I was charged $231 for it! If cannot get the correct sale price then I want to cancel the order.

Guest

Why did you place the order if the price wasn't what you expected it to be?

Ted R Luf

| map-marker Saint Louis, Missouri

Bird Seed Quality

Menards - Bird Seed Quality
Menards - Bird Seed Quality - Image 2
Menards - Bird Seed Quality - Image 3

On November 11, 2023 I purchased 2ea 50 lb bags of ADM Black Oil Sunflower Seed. Both bags were full of ground up limbs up to 2" long.

The second bag also had pieces of the sunflower seed heads the size of my thumbnail.

The limbs and chunks of sunflower heads plug my feeder and it is necessary to clean junk out of the openings a couple of times each day.

Below is a picture of the junk regularly removed from seed to fill the feeder one time. I emailed ADM customer service in early January describing the problem, received an automatic response that the that the message was received, but no further word.

Any suggestions?