Toledo, Ohio

Went to my local Menards yesterday, as I have been doing once a week or so for the last year. Probably spent at least $20,000 a week there and I deserve some consideration.

I wanted to return an open bag of candy that I tried and didn't like. I feel that, just like in a restaurant, if I don't like my food I shouldn't pay for it. Customer service desk was VERY rude - told me I couldn't return an open bag of food. She said that "per policy items being returned must be in sellable condition".

I explained that I spend at least $40,000 a week in her store and I deserve some consideration, I asked for a manager. She called for one and he came to the desk about twenty minutes later. I told him that he should have gotten there a lot sooner - when a customer who spends at least $60,000 a week in his store is waiting, they deserve more consideration. He apologized, mumbled something about "---delivery set up, sorry for the delay".

I told him that he better get his priorities straight. When someone spends at least $80,000 a week in his store is waiting for him to give money back to me he had no right to make me wait simply because he was with a paying customer - how rude. He offered to take my return "this time only", then would only give me a Merchandise Credit Check for the lowest sale price - I wanted cash back, I paid cash. He said he couldn't do that because I didn't have my receipt.

I told him where he could shove his Merchandise Credit Check. I told him I was sorry I wouldn't be spending about $100,000 this week in his store like I usually do and that I would never shop at Menards again.

I will go to Home Depot or Lowes and try their maple chews. What a terrible experience.

Menards Cons: Return policy.

Comments

Whether you like it or not, YOU PAY FOR IT. Same goes for Restaurants.

It's not their fault you don't like a particular product. You already consumed the product. What do you expect them to do, tape it up and sell it? I'm thinking this might be a troll.

It doesn't matter if you spend a million dollars a week in the store.

That doesn't make you above everyone else. I would've laughed.

I started out angry, ended up laughing.

I used to work at Menards and before that I worked at a restaurant.

People who return food only because they don't like it and not because there is actually something wrong with it are the worst.

Self-entitled *** are the bane of my existence. Luckily I got out of restaurant and retail and now only have to deal with parents who don't know why their average children aren't in gifted programs.

What a fake. Nobodys purchases jump the way your do.

No sane person would return candy because they didn't like it. You just don't buy it again.

This was a fake posting by menards staff in a weak attempt to minimize the 1000 + genuine complaints on here regarding poor products, untrained staff who play hide and seek with customers looking for assistance, and people frustrated by unsent rebate checks.

Bravo!