64 views
Verified Reviewer

2.3

Hi,

Purchased a snowblower two weeks ago, and it stopped working. I used it twice, and now it would not throw snow.

I brought the item back to the location I purchased it from with the receipt only to be told there was nothing they can do for me. Furthermore, I was told to take somewhere else to be serviced. I just purchased this item, and it has not even been 30 days, and I'm already having issues with it. I do not need a refund just an exchange because this product seems not to hold up well.

This hold encounter was unprofessional I even had to ask where to take instead of being given the information up front. This should be told to the customer at the point of purchase not when a product fails, and you need an exchange.

Location: Chicago, Illinois

Comments

#1983804

Just take a look at the signs in the area where they sell gas powered equipment. They clearly state that they will not take these items back and that they would have to go to a service center.

The manufacturers require this due to the inability of all too many people not following instructions. Many problems are caused by using stale fuel, not using oil or the proper oil. If there is a defect in the product it will be repaired under warranty.

If it is a problem caused by the user you will be expected to pay the repair bill. Manufacturers and retailers can't be expected to eat the cost of problems caused by consumers that don't read the instructions.

Menards Reviews