Eau Claire, Wisconsin

On my credit card I have I D required. When I tried to show my driver license they would not look at it.

If this is the way you run your business I refuse to shop at Menard's. The least you could do is help a patron protect his self. If all your stores want is the almighty dollar & screw the customer, you can take your business & put it were the sun don't shine. Thank you for nothing.

The least you could help from people to steal identification. I get disgusted with people who put the all mighty dollar ahead of every thing.

When do you brain dead people get enough.

Comments

menards sucks anyways go to lowes

Yeah, I don't get the whole showing the ID when you are swiping your own card. (Although I don't know if that is a good idea since anyone can swipe anyone's card and no one knows if the signiture is correct.

Strange way to transact a sale.) I also don't get the flames.

However my wife worked in a bank for many years and they suggested you put "Check Photo ID" on your card. It is easier to fake a signature (especially on those funky machines) than a face!

To protect yourself from identity theft, your credit card company does NOT want you to show your ID and credit card at the same time.

If someone gets your credit card number and all your ID info - you will be in trouble.

They actually try to forbid retailers from asking for your ID...and ask you as a dilligent consumer to report any business that asks you for id to use your card.

Your signature is enough with the card company, and they want you to use your card, so they don't want you to have to flash your id to use it.

Why? Because a normal, sane person, who understands what is actually dangerous, knows that your credit card number is protected by your creditor, but your identy is your own responsibility to guard.

Stop flashing your id *** - sign the back of the card, and use it as it was intended.

I am a cashier at Menards and let me explain; we are not required to check your ID unless you hand us your card to slide through the machine. We are not required because, as "Confused" wrote, there are many cameras that are watching you and in case of any credit card fraud, we refer back to the videotapes when/if your card was used. Thanks.

I personally apologize to you for one of my employees not checking your ID with use of your credit card. He received his pink slip the day after your complaint reached my desk.

Not. He actually received a raise and promotion. You see, the company policy is to not check any ID with a credit or debit card. We get paid no matter who uses the card.

We make millions a year by honoring stolen credit cards. Card thieves are actually very good customers and rarely give our staff at the registers a bunch of *** about not checking their ID. We are glad you are a patron of our stores but really wish you would quit thinking of yourself as a Patron Saint! Bet you yell at your church minister when he doesn't check your ID when you drop that measly quarter in the collection plate.

Get a life. Love, John :x

You sound like the type of person who would worry about getting $100 on your birthday and complaining that the bill wasn't crisp, that it looked used, or that you got five twenties instead of one one hundred dollar bill. Grow up buddy!

Stop blaming Menards. It's a great place to shop and we're lucky as *** to have one in town.

I was in line when you ripped the Menards employee for not checking your Drivers License ID. After looking at you in person nobody also wants to look at a photo ID of you.

I kept expecting a "species" type thing to come out of your chest. I had to go to a shrink to erase your face from my mind. "I get disgusted with people that" look like you. If I were you I would staple, or glue, your ID to your credit card if you want everyone to see your ID.

You are insecure and must have an identity problem. Bet you have a nickname and maybe an alias. Why don't you try wearing that ID on a chain around your neck. Bet you would look real important.

A fire extinguisher wack to the head would probably do you good! Please go back home to the closet you grew up in.

Is your sister twisted too? :cry

I was in line when you ripped the Menards employee for not checking your Drivers License ID. After looking at you in person nobody also wants to look at a photo of you.

I kept expecting a "species" type thing to come out of your chest. I had to go to a shrink to erase your face from my mind. "I get disgusted with people that" look like you. If I were you I would staple, or glue, your ID to your credit if you want everyone to see your ID.

Please go back home to the closet you grew up in. Is your sister twisted too?

You are a ***. You say all Menards wants is the "almighty dollar." Well why do you want them to match your ID to your credit card?

To prevent fraud and so you dont have your "almighty dollar" taken.

Hypocrite! :eek

I believe the problem is that you are an ***. Really, "protect his self"? Try going back for some third grade english.

Isn't the identity theft paranoia about protecting your almighty dollar?

If money is such a cause of concern for you, than why are you so intent on protecting yours? And why is Menard's money not as valuable as yours? The whole concept of a store is for the person who owns it to make money. You knowingly trade your time to your employer for money so that you can turn around and trade it to somebody else for goods or services. It would appear that you value the first half of this equation more than the second. I would imagine that you want your employer to give you a lot of money for your time, so why shouldn't the inverse be true? Open your eyes. In retail you will be asked to pay as much as the market bears. The premise that Menards is out to make money should not be all that shocking. What you probably don't realize is that Menards actually has to pay your credit provider bankcard fees (2-5% depending on the credit provider) so that you have the luxury of using a credit card, rather than carrying around a wad of cash. Menards will also be on the hook for any fraudulent purchase on your credit card as well (do you think Visa is going to risk you cancelling that high interest revolving credit account?).

Your righteous indignation falls on incredulous ears! Imagine that- a retailer wants to make money! Oh, the humanity!

You are a choad.

Sorry the thought of a couple dozen cameras covering all the areas seems like protecting the public to me. Not to mention you slide the card yourself, you dont hand it to the cashier. Im confused ;(