New York, New York

I recently purchased a shallow well pump through the online services of Menards. Not realizing it, the pump I ordered was being sent to a location in Ohio.

Believing that there was a real possibility of losing the order I requested a cancellation of the order. I received absolutely no response from the online service other than I will try.

The simple fact is that once they have your credit card information they have no intentions of canceling anything. I believe you should be extremely careful when using this service make sure you have explored their online pages completely before you place an order.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Credit Card.

• Home maintenance supply

Comments

There gets to be a point in time that it is to late to stop and order. Depending on how soon the cancellation request was made all they could do is to try to stop it. It's not their fault you didn't check your shipping address before placing the order.

This is true of any online order you place. You need to make sure your shipping information is correct before you hit the place order button.

You don't mention how soon after you placed the order that you placed the request to cancel. I often have shipping confirmations from online stores within an hour or 2 of the order being placed. Most people want their orders shipped as soon as possible after they place the order. In order to please most customers the online vendors get to work processing your order as soon as possible.

There gets to be a point in time that it is to late to stop and order.

Depending on how soon the cancelation request was made all they could do is to try to stop it. It's not their fault you didn't check your shipping address before placing the order.