3.5

I will never ever deal with Menards again. I live in Chesterfield, VA and drove a 5 1/2 hour ride to Mernards in BarboursvilleI, WVA to purchase windows.

To make a long story short, I ordered windows. The windows I needed were custom made but I was not able to get the exact measurements so I settled on getting a little smaller. Driving back home I thought about it plus the windows were not as inexpensive as I thought they would be. The very next morning I called and cancelled the order which I was assured it wasn't a problem and I would be refunded the full amount in 7 days or I could come to the store and I would have to slide my card to get it to go back onto the card.

Well 7 days turned into way over a month with me calling just about every day trying to find out about my check that would be sent. I spoke to Rob (General Manager) most of the time who never called me back to follow up with what was going on. He always said there wasn't a phone number to call to accounting he could only e-mail. His assistant was nonchalant about what was going on.

Explaining to him was just getting oh okay okay okay when I called.

Also I opened an account but the kiosk wasn't working properly so one of the employees helped me. She asked for a business number which I don't have and told her I was a sole proprietor. She entered some other number and I was denied credit. My credit is excellent and couldn't understand why until I got the letter from Capital One.

Reason for denial was because of the number. That was a hit on my credit.plus my denial was blurted out for other customers to hear. I was so embarrassed at the checkout station.

Never again.

. .

User's recommendation: Customer service is lousy at the store. This location especially. I have gone to other Mernards in Indianapolis and never had such an experience.

Location: Richmond, Virginia