Rapid City, South Dakota
2.7
Layout of Store

Paid cash for three item at the Menards tore in Rapid City SD. Discovered I was overcharged for one item.

went to customer service for refund was issued store credit, told them I had paid cash and requested cash in return, was told it didn't make any difference, I had to take credit slip, credit slip can only be used at Menards. Is this legal substituting store credit for US Currency?

what are my options?

Should I not hear from Menards concerning this matter I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as the Chamber of Commerce. All I want is my money that I can spend where I choose.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

They are perfectly within their rights to only issue store credit for returns. It may be a bad policy, but as long as it is posted, then they can do it. Stores aren't legally obligated to give refunds at all, actually.

This has been Menards' policy for years. I seriously don't think they could have gotten away with it for 40 years if it was illegal. Good luck with this one.

Why didn't you just talk to the store manager? Did you pay with cash as in dollar bills, or a check.

If you paid with a check, all they will give you is store credit before it has had a chance to clear. You will not get a response from Menards posting here as it is not a Menards site.