Independence, Iowa

I bought a lamp at Waterloo, IA Menards on MAY 11, 2016. The checkout clerk charged me twice, but I only bought one lamp.

Called store, yes they checked the tape I had only bought one. I asked for a refund of the $49,99 error on THEIR part. If I drove 27 miles to the store and 27 miles back home they would give me a cash refund. I asked for a refund check as it would not be convenient for me to get to their store.

I paid with a check which was my first mistake, had to wait 10 days for it to clear-called asked for refund-if I wanted a check I would have to wait ANOTHER 10 days until WI could issue it.

It is now JUNE 6, and I have not seen or heard anything about my refund check. I am with the previous customer and AM REALLY PISSED!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

#1194689

Agree completely with the 6/6 comment. Would also like to add that most companies don't regularly issue checks in this day and age with the technology we have, so this was most likely a "special" request that took time and money for them to get done.

Your first problem, as you stated was paying with an outdated form of payment, a check. Yes it take up to 10 days for a bounced check to be returned.

That is why they have to wait 10 days to issue a refund. Had you been willing to go to the store and get your refund, you would have been handed cash on the 11th day. Big box retail stores don't write checks at the store level. As you didn't want to pick up the refund at the store, your out of the ordinary request has to go through the corporate office and be processed through several layers before getting processed for payment.

Many companies cut checks once a week. Depending on what day of the week it finally got through processing it could take up to another week to get the check cut and mailed.

In the future, pay attention to what you are being charged. Most people would notice the bill was $50 higher than what they had expected and questioned the difference before paying.