Livingston, New Jersey

Menards rebate tease offer scam. Be careful when buying and figuring in the rebate. In many cases the deadlines are so soon that if you miss a date they keep the money.

The offers are so good that they become a much better value than Lowes. Then if you miss the rebate guess who pockets the money ? This is very nearly a scam. Could be a possible class action suit.

Between the offer start date and the mail deadline is less than a month, even shorter if at the end of the offer date. The ironic thing is that it is for an 'IN STORE CREDIT'.

I am no longer loyal customer. Save Big Money at Menards. B.S.

I have emailed the rebate department and all that Ray says is...

I'm sorry, however once the mail in deadline has passed the rebate processor closes out the program and it is no longer available.

Thanks, Ray

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Comments

Its amazing how some of the lab rats here and they know who they are,are so willing to justify their stupidity as not to agree with stopping the scam.There will always be idiots that will fight against anything that will improve the system for all shoppers. I just look at them as the sheep that will follow the wolf.

If you really use the rebate system to your advantage like a lot of contractors do, you can walk in and use those mcc's to purchase an entire project like I did last year when I built my storage barn. You just have to be a able to follow directions and practice a little. Patience.

#242018

I followed direction mailed in the rebates on time and they still managed to not send me the right amount.

1) I had 5 galons on Paint for whihc they were offering $4.. I got a $4 check rather than $16 (there were a limit of 4)!

2) the 11% off first week of January. I spend more than $1000. Send all rebates I got $8 back.

Seriously, it's a scam! If you are a lawyer and a class action, I am waiting.

I say its time to contact your representative and ask them to pass legislation on forcing these stores to have an immediate rebate at the store, After you purchase the product you go to customer service within thirty days and get your money refund. Most rebates are for idiots that want to jump through hoops and play their game.

You also pay tax on the full amount you have to pay before you get the rebate and you are not refunded on that amount. Rebates are a scam by the manufacture and the store. They advertise the product at a lower rate than what you pay at the register. That should be stopped.Until you get the rebate money back you are paying full price.

I have spent thirty years in marketing and I know all the tricks. Don't be a rebate sheep.

#203417

So you are really complaining because you cannot follow directions and meet deadlines.... interesting.

#198433

I think you should let this one go

#198342

As a practice, you should always mail in a rebate as soon as you possibly can. The statistics are overwhelming when it comes to how many people do not send in rebates on time.

Menards is one of the easiest, Staples is another, rebate submissions.

They provide a separate receipt, printed right there and rarely require UPC codes. You can also combine rebates in one envelope if going to the same PO box.

#198328

Yes, the rebates are a real money maker for consumers who can follow directions. If it's too difficult for you to go home and mail in the rebate slip and the bottom of your receipt you shouldn't figure the rebate in the final cost of your purchase.

They have made it very easy to claim the rebate, no barcodes or other proof of purchase required. Looks like you are just too lazy to get it done.

#198258

I'm pretty sure everything is clear on the rebate slip. It says it is for in-store credit and when the deadline is.

How is a month not enough time?? It takes 2 minutes to fill it out and mail it. Go google time management...

that might help ya out. :p :p :p