Decatur, Tennessee
3.3

Did the same thing but then turned around and did another dumb thing. Ordered $60 worth of merchandise yesterday and intended to use my $60 rebate check..lol..

to pay but could not find place to enter rebate # so backed out and decided I would try something else. Problem is..it took my info and processed it. When I found the email that my items had been shipped yesterday afternoon I sent an email to tell them that I wanted to use the rebate amount. Today I get an answer saying you have to physically come into the store to use the rebate.

The nearest store is more than 260 miles one way which is a one way trip of 5 plus hours. Now who is the fool for the second time? ME!!!! You are right, this is not a REBATE!!!!!!

They give you money and expect you to spend it with them too plus go in the store. Don't plan a vacation to Owensboro, Ky from Tennessee. No store in state of Tennessee. This should be false advertising!

Will never get my money nor shop at this store again and expect to keep others from doing it to. Wish Donald Trump would get a rebate check from them!

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Menards Pros: Products, Product.

Menards Cons: Rebate.

Comments

The rebate is clearly stated that it is an in store credit. That is what rebates are.

Not just at Menards either.

Not false advertising. Nice try!

@Anonymous

Thanks for your comment. Would rather deal with companies in my area as all rebates I have received are in check form.

That is what a rebate is in my area of the country. Comes to you as a discount (cash) you receive, not the store. My rebate would buy me two tanks of gas and it would take me that much to drive there...no benefit to me at all, but you are right, should have read before thinking they all worked as mine have...my bad!

God's blessings and have a great day!

Same situation. This company could care less!

I believe this rebate they have should be outlawed. Very dissatisfied customer. Only way to get my money is travel over 200 miles one way. No way to even reach anyone who will reply with reasonable answer.

No idea how they stay in business.

I agree! The store needs to get with the times and allow people to use rebates ,gift cards and store credits towards online purchases! Ridiculous!