South Bend, Indiana

We purchased a snow blower. The sign read, "Snow blower $499, $449 after rebate.

I expected money back to help pay for the snow blower. Instead we got store credit. We were purchasing this for our 24 year old granddaughter. She was paying us back, so when we finally got the "rebate" we had to give her $50 out of our pocket.

We will use the rebate. I just hope we don't loose the card before we do. We will never go out of our way to purchase anything else from Menards that offers a "rebate". It took two months to get the "rebate back.

This is false advertising.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Rebate.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Cons: Rebate.

Comments

#931948

yet another fallen customer at MENARDS. As I have read in other complaints about Menards, I think you have just been menarded.

Your absolutely correct about the false advertising, it goes on everyday at that place. These trolls who represent Menards are nothing but low life cowards.

Average IQ for any store manager at Menards <60. Average IQ for these trolls< 40.

#932017
@Anonymous

It's very clear you misunderstand the term TROLL. Every time you post it's nothing but trolling.

You do not provide clear facts and you call anyone who has real information a troll. Just because someone stands up for Menard does not make them a troll (And I hate Menards, combined effect of horrible customers and horrible upper management.) Perhaps they have insight you have never experienced. Consumers need to wake up. They act like children, they stomp their feet and cry until they get their way.

They buy cheap and expect quality. They're lazy and expect you to do everything for them. They don't listen what so ever, all they're worried about is what they have to say. They ignore signs, toss out receipts and owners manual.

Then they GO I DIDN'T KNOW YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME! FIX IT OR I'M GOING TO HOME DEPOT! Well fine! Go to Home Depot that one less uneducated consumer at my store, however, HOME DEPOT IS NO BETTER THEY GET THE SAME EXACT TYPE OF COMPLAINTS FROM UNEDUCATED CONSUMERS.

My uncle got a job a Home Depot he is 60+ and retired. He quit after one week. He said everyone came into the store miserable and did not treat him well. That's the reality.

Consumers are not very kind or understanding. They know nothing, but expect others to KNOW EVERYTHING.

If you took time to read the sign it says that the rebate is in the form of a store credit. The rebate form also had this information. Don't quite know how much more clear they can make it.

@Anonymous

Ok idot they can say it in their ads, you get 11% back as store credit if and when you mail in your completed rebate form with the original purchase receipt and it will take up to 8 weeks to get the store credit card..... who would fall for this? only someone who runs a menards facility..