53 views
Verified Reviewer

February 25, 2021

Dear Customer Service:

I visited your Menards store #3280 and purchased the Klearvue Kitchen Cabinets for about $6,000.00 and submitted a 11% rebate offer on 11/9/20. To date I have not received any rebate but the rebate website indicates this was processed on 2/8/21, rebate #615, check #2166.

I made some additional purchases and submitted a 2nd rebate request on 12/9/20 and find no information on this request.

I contacted the store about 6:00 p.m. on 2/23/21 with concerns and was told to bring in my receipts and someone would help me with this situation. I entered the store on 2/24/21 about 12:30 p.m. and talked to a customer service representative.

When I explained the situation and informed her that I sent emails to the Rebate Center in late December and also in January without any response, she told me she knew the rebate center responded to emails. She told me I would have deleted the emails thinking they were scam. I showed her my receipts and Tracking Results and was told she could do nothing to help me. Again she told me to send them an email which I completed on 2/24/21 but do not expect to hear from them.

She told me the Rebate Center is a 3rd party and no one at Menards is able to follow up or contact them. She indicated the Center would check into the matter upon receipt of my email and IF I did not cash the rebate check they would issue a new check.

First, it is of concern that you would have a 3rd party collect information from your customers and you do not have a communication set up with them. With the many hackers and identity thefts that have occurred you are placing your customers safety in danger. Also, I wonder how she can make the claim that she knows the Rebate Center answers emails if she has no way to communicate with them?

Second, I did not appreciate the comment that if I did not cash the Rebate, then a new one would be issue.

This was a direct insult to me stating that I would lie about this situation.

I was planning to use the Rebate check to purchase a new counter top for my kitchen and I need new backsplash. IF I would receive the rebate check, which is doubtful at this time, I would still use the rebate for new counters. However, I will not return to store #3280 for any needs. I know there is a store located on Morse Rd in Columbus which I will give an opportunity to service my needs.

This is a further drive and more inconvenient for me, but I do not need to have a customer service staff that has no interest in serving their customers.

Also, I notice you are again offering the 11% Rebate, however, I can not take advantage of this offer or even have confidence you would honor your advertisement.

When I decide to purchase backsplash I will be checking into Home Depot and Lowes before making any purchase. I cannot trust Menards at this time.

User's recommendation: It has been a week since I sent my complaint to Menards headquarters and to the store itself. No acknowledgement from either location to my complaint. The rebate center, however, did contact me and said they will reissue the rebate check.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 6800 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43213