Washington, District Of Columbia

The Menards on Fort hill in Naperville Illinois is located in culturally diverse area. In the recent past, the employees were a mix of people of all races, a fair representation of the consumers that shop at this particular menards

Recently, the employees are all white.

Walking through there is a throw back to the 1950's, it looks odd. Out of about 20 employees there was one black man and one hispanic man. Yet there the proportion of shoppers that were of color was much greater.

If menards is hiding their emplyees of color in the back, say in the lumber yard, this too is a case of racism accoring to the law. There is no way that this lack of diversity is coincidental, they must have a racist hiring practice.

Comments

The funniest part is that outside of management the guy that work in the back make more money than anyone else in the store

At the Menards in Gurnee there's a Muslim woman that is the cash register supervisor. The contractor's desk at the Gurnee, Antioch, and Kenosha stores are 95% white.

I think there is racism when it comes to high visibility positions at Menards. One other thing is the security hones in on non-white customers. If I walk in the store and go to a less visible area of the store (windows, closet shelving, clearance stock, ect. ) and within seconds I am asked if I need help.

At first I thought it was great customer service, but on several times I observed employees walking past other customers who came in at the same time I did and come straight to me and ask if I needed help finding anything. I got so bad I started playing a little game to see how long it would take.

Or I would see out of the corner of my eye an employee making a bee line to me. I'd walk to the end of an isle, stop around the corner, and the employees would have to avoid from crashing into me.

You're making white people look bad with this post. Quit hurting the race and shut your mouth. Trust me, I"d love to blast Menards, but this is just crazy.

An employee of Menards called my 5 year old son a SPIC.

Yes you heard it....SPIC. I am not suprised to hear the comments of others considering the experience that I have had.

If this corporation allows for hateful, derogatory words towards small children...when does it stop? I for one will not be shopping with Menards any longer.

I can tell you as a former team member at this store, you are leaving out the hispanic assistant general manager, the african american department manager of the biggest sales department, and also half of the front-end, outside yard, and sales department team members. This store is a very good demographic representation of our community. Maybe next time instead counting how many oppressed peoples you can save from the white man, you can enjoy the shopping experience at this store which tries very hard to be true equal opportunity employer.

Say what you like, but from a consumer POV, at the new Menards local to my area there is a dicernable disdain for anyone not perceived as "white". That disdain comes from employees and fellow shoppers alike.

I don't know about all Menards, but this one has a definite air about it that is obvious while falling just short of being accusable. Truely amazing. Is Menards ultimately run by racial supremists or is it just this local store? I think I'll send a letter to Menards main headquarters and see what kind of response I get.

And yes, racism works in all directions and none of it is okay for a nation that claims to be founded on Christian principles. And yes, I see reverse discrimination at work, but I also see the whole angry-white-man act as a hiding place for raw hate. And this seems to be the game at my local Menards.

He won't say why, but my plumber, a white male, won't have anything to do with the local Menards. Bottom line for me, whether I'm seen as White, Black, Hispanic, Asian or purple, green or blue, I am an American and expect to be treated fairly and without regard to my race, color, or creed.

This website is great and highly addictive. Very entertaining!

At my Menards there are plenty of black people, a few latinos, and plenty of white.

We even have 3 Asians, But who's counting? Do something bigger & better with your life than complaining & feeling sorry for yourself!!!

I HAVE WORKED AT A MENARDS AND JUST BECAUSE A BLACK OR ANY OTHER RACE PERSON IS IN THE BACK WORKING IT IS BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE THE OPEN POSITION WAS NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK AT LEAST THAT BLACK MAN GOT UP OFF HIS *** AND DIDNT WAIT FOR THE WELFARE CHECK SINCE THE WORTHLESS MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE SAYS IT GOOD TO GIVE MORE WELFARE TO BLACKS

If the black and latino workers are working in the back, it's because they accepted the position there. There is no way possible that they were forced to.

And the worst part about this article is that you even noticed that there was only one black person and one latino person. That in itself shows that you are looking for a reason to snap about racism.

Besides in my life experience racism goes both towards blacks, hispanics, asians, native americans, AND caucasians. What you should worry about more than this is not worrying about anyone's color of skin.

maybe all the blacks are working for acorn?

farkingbull

Give me a break. Quit complaining about racism.

What you, and other members of your race, should be doing is increasing your education so you are qualified for the jobs! However, you'll just sit on your *** and do nothing while you wait for your welfare check to come.

Racism my ***! It's called lazy!

You cant hire someone based on their skin color. ou hire based on being the most qualified for the job.

Maybe that is ehat is going on.

And does their workforce mirror the applications that are received by the store? Get over it.

Here we go again...lets play the race card again...as a white male I am sick and tired of reverse discrimination!!!

how is this racism? a store full of $9/ hour white slaves serving your "people of color." Secondly, menards managers are equal opportunity jerks, this means that they screw everyone over with hours and scheduling regardless of race, religion, etc.

I just found this site and I can't stop lol, lol over all of this. People!

You really have to much time on you're hands.

If just one of you would take the time to do something that made a differents in life, other than, making remarks about something you don't know anything about. The world really would be a better place for all of us.

You have too much time on your hands. Go out, get a job and work hard like the rest of us do.

well if there were capable black, latino, asian, ect. than they would have gotten the job.

Maybe the "whites" were more reliable. Or just stayed the *** of their cell phones...Now that was racist.

u need to stop ur snivelling :cry :cry and get over with it :? :?

:?

:? 8) :p :p :sigh

:grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

bigpappa_83

Now you say that there was a diverse staff at one point but now it's all whiteys? So you think all of the sudden Menards got tired of minorities?

It's called turnover. And if your so concerned about what race the employee is helping you then maybe you sir are the

RACIST!