2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

A few days ago I purchased a furnace filter and discovered it was the wrong size, today I attempted to exchange it for the correct size. Everything was going well until Menards was out of stock of my item, at which time I tried to return it and get my money back to purchased the correct sized part at another store.

The clerk said NO and I asked for the manager, who also said no and after asking over 20 times to speak with the store manager, which all of my requests were ignored, I was finally granted the interview with a person, not even sure who he was. He did not introduce himself, just proceeded to look up the part and said that they could order the correct size if I wanted to buy a case of filters. All of this fuss and rejection for a $5.95 furnace filter. Well I did not get my money nor replacement filter, instead walking out vowing to never shop at Menards again.

You have lost a long time customer and knowing that my small purchases will not do great harm to Menards bottom line, I feel satisfaction in walking away. Oh, the ill-fitting filter ended up in my trash.

Your motto and the words of your managers mean nothing. Your customer care and service stinks up our city.

No Name or address, since I don't want to hear from anyone at Menards.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Screw Menards, and the comment section.

@Anonymous

What? Does a little bit of truth hurt?

You are leaving something out here. Did you have your receipt?

Without a receipt they will only give you in-store credit for the lowest sale price. They have run buy one get one free promos on filters and if this was one of those you would need to return 2 to get credit. If you bought this last week it was on rebate. Even if you had your receipt but the rebate receipt was missing they would have deducted the amount of the rebate from your refund.

Also if the filter had been discontinued as a stock item they won't take it back without a receipt.

I'll bet they won't miss someone that thinks return policies are for everyone else but they are "special" and the employees should bow down to them when they walk in the door. Good luck finding a store that doesn't have return policies they follow in this day and age.

You're throwing a fit over a $6.00 filter? I wish i had as much time on my hands as you do.

@Anonymous

u do or you wouldn't have time to respond to op's reviews