172 views
Verified Reviewer

Since when did Menards become the propane tank experts? I went to exchange 20lb grill tank for gas grill like i do 2 times a year (at menards) only this time the kid has to call nazi Fraulien Dietenhofter from customer service who comes out and tells me they cant take my old tank because its "to rusty on the bottom" ...HUH???

i got this tank full from you in the spring pre covid and its sat underneath my covered grill like a million other customers and now the tank is "rusty"?? Shouldnt that decision be left to the folks at the "Blue Rhino" factory? Plus they could dispose of the tank if indeed something is wrong. Went from Menards over to Lowes, paid for tank exchange, girl came out, took my old tank , gave me new filled tank and away i went, just like its supposed to be..Never again at the West Main st Menards in Kalamazoo.

And a special NO THANKS to little Joshua who decided to analyze my old tank (not even sure Josh knew he worked there).

and the stern, Fraulien who felt it was her duty to *** off another customer with her knowledge of Propane tank cosmetics!! Thankyou Lowes.

User's recommendation: do not try and exchange empty propane tanks at Menards.

Preferred solution: not needed, situation taken care of at Competitors.

Location: 6800 West Main Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009