Canton, Michigan
5.6K views

BROUGHT A CANOPY JUNE 18,2013. THEN GOES ON SALE JUNE 19,2013 FOR 50.00 LESS TOOK MY RECIEPT IN TO STORE THEY SAID THEY WILL GIVE AN IN STORE CREDIT I SAID WELL IF I BRING BACK THE CANOPY THAT I WILL GET THE FULL REFUND THEN I CAN PURCHASE THE SAME CANOPY WHY NOT GIVE THE DIFFERENCE BACK AT THAT TIME AND I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE SEVERAL TRIPS AND YOUR CUSTOMER WOULD BE MAD OR BACK MOUTH THE COMPANY SOME THING WRONG WITH THIS POLICY. THE POLICY NEEDS TO BE CHANGE I STILL WANT THE CANOPY BUT NOW I HAVE TO DRAG IT BACK TO MY TRUCK AND BRING IT IN.

Comments

Be happy your getting anything at all. It could have gone on sale 3 weeks later, and then you would have been really mad because you would have gotten zilch.

LadyScot

IF THE PRICE HAD BEEN HIGHER WOULD YOU HAVE DEMANDED TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE?

Or, buy the Canopy on sale, walk out the store, get your original receipt, walk back into the store, and return the canopy you just purchased.

I agree, sale price guarantee/warranty policy needs to be revised!

Hello

I purchased three windows on 8/27 and one on 8/29. The price had dropped two days after.

Went back yesterday and they wouldn't give an in store credit because the price had gone back up. I thought they offered a 30 day guarantee if the price changed.

@Anonymous

No, they offer an in-store credit for the difference in price if an item goes on sale within 14 days. You need to go in for the credit while the lower piece is in effect as well.

@Anonymous

Sale prices generally last 7 days, hence the weekly ad. You can get back the difference of an item that goes on sale for 14 days.

It does not need to be on sale as long as you present your receipt for a refund of the difference within the 14 days. At least this is how I interpret their policy, and this has been my experience. Menards is very fair with their return policy, and in my opinion they meet or exceed other retailers policy. I took back a bunch of unused products a year after I purchased them, and received an in store credit no questions asked.

Why anybody would go through the trouble of lugging back an item to return it because they want the cash difference is beyond logic.

These people must not think their time is worth much. If you don't need anything for your home using an in store credit, pick up a few groceries and call it a day.

Just take the thing back then! I am sure you will use the store credit - people just like to *** about such small non-important issues.

@Peopl are babies

like yourself?

we bought a patio door for our bedroom and it leaked air and the right window pane got cloudy on the inside, we had to replace it with a 2,700 door from Anderson, much better, when they have a sale like 11% off they mark everything up in the store, EVERYTHING.

@unhappy with menards

They absolutely do NOT mark up items....not sure where u got your info from,but it is BS

@unhappy with menards

It's obviously and old door and beyond warranty. For years the seal on the glass on patio doors has been 20 years. The glass in your door would have been replaced at no charge if it were less that 20 years old.

Menards should also adjust their policy to instantly refuse service to *** which im sure you acting like that day.

Oh how I hate the idiots like you who act like total *** when we tell them that the difference will be given back in a form of instore credit. I wish Menards was not honoring any price adjustments, maybe it would teach you a lesson.

I had the same experience today. I bought a fire pit yesterday and it was $130 cheaper today.

The front end "manager" was rude and unprofessional. The store manager understood my reasoning - why would they want to waste a worker's time to help me carry a new one to the front, waste a cashier's time to ring me up, waste another worker's time to carry it outside so they could carry it right back inside so I could return it on the receipt I brought in. Makes no sense! I would rather pay more and have pleasant and competent customer service.

As an avid shopper, I know almost every other store issues a price adjustment in the manner it was purchased. Menards is #3 for a reason - Lowes and Home Depot don't do this!

@Anonymous

Retailers are not required to adjust prices at all. Be happy they will give you a store credit for the difference, and all you have to do is bring in the receipt.

Don't try to say they don't have anything you need, keep in mind they sell groceries, cleaning supplies toilet paper and pet foods. Surely you buy these items somewhere unless you are still living at home with your mom.

I believe this "policy" they have is quite similar to most retailers in business today. I know Walmart does the exact same thing. Plus with most places like this the store credit they give you doesn't expire so you can use it whenever you'd like.

How about they dont give you a price adjustment at all. You bought the canopy and agreed to the price the day earlier.

They are giving you $50 of their money, to spend at their store. You should be grateful.

@C

don't buy anything till it goes on sale.$50 only buys $25 worth of product.

Stores are not required to give price adjustments or any refund for that matter. For many years Menards did not give sale price adjustments.

They now offer an in store credit for the price difference if an item goes on sale within 14 days of the time you make the purchase. All you need to do is bring in the receipt. If you don't like that you are free to bring the item back for a refund. This is all information available to you when you make a purchase.

If you don't like their policies don't shop there.

Most people feel they are fair. If they were so bad Menards wouldn't be opening new stores while others are closing.

@Stores...