Abrams, Wisconsin

Save big money at Menards,

We bought our first house in 1988. I remodeled the basement bath.

I bought everything I needed from Menard's. About 6 years later, the plastic valve in the shower leaked and ruined 2 preprinted hardboard panels I used on the walls. Insurance refused to pay damage, considered it flood damage. I never approached Menard's about problem.

I decided it was my fault for using cheap parts. I rebuilt it with top of the line plumbing and wanted to replace the bad panels. Menard's had changed the blue color of the flowers on the panels to Gray. I asked for the same color and was told " It can be special ordered but I had to buy more than 2 sheets, I had to buy a pallet of the product to get my 2 sheets".

Excuse me, a pallet. I tore it all off and started over with drywall. I have several more complaints I will post here on Menard's.

Stay tuned.

Comments

Highrollinwooded

You had preprinted wall panels in your shower???????????Me and hubby have the same hideous patterened ones in our bedroom, that we will be changing soon! Only an *** would have them in a shower! Common sense is right out the window with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading several of this guy's complaints, I have come to the conclusion that he is either incompetent, works for Lowes or is simply a ***.

so, you had hardboard panels in your shower?

To all readers,

I stumbled on this site and happened to read complaints from you about a business whose products and policy I had problems with. I felt a connection with you all and a renewed anger for this business, its awful policy and low class employee’s. I began to post some of my problems, and I have dozens, and to my surprise every post was targeted with a response defending this company. Several times my workmanship was criticized and they always tried to find fault in the way I did something having never met or worked with me. That is very evident on all my posts in the first replies. I know that consumers reading these replies are not buying it; consumers are smarter than they think.

So I decided to write this and add it to every post. I can only assume that these people are paid by the company, possibly employee's, to target the critics and complaints and to discredit them in any way possible. Several attempts to discredit my posts included comments not backed up by facts and also attempts to question my abilities as an installer.

It’s bad enough that 1000's of us suffer problems from bad products or poor customer service and we are left feeling cheated, but to add insult to injury and to strike out at a complaint in the fashion that these people are doing is unacceptable. I know that lots of you people can connect with me and my problems. You know exactly what I am talking about if you post your problem here. My guess is that people looking at this web site did not come here to defend places they shop, they are here to complain. So reading a discrediting reply to my posts leaves me in confusion as to who is writing it. I wish this company would put forth an equal effort to satisfy upset customers instead of using tactics like this. It would go a long way in preventing these complaints and I have several more. Time will not be good to them.

DS

To all readers,

DS

valves fail. everything fails at some point.

and i would guess there is probably some shoddy workmanship going on here. you've had waaaaaay too many problems for this many things go wrong.

The store appears to have really gone out of their way to help you find the product that you wanted to special order. It is unfortunate that the vendors occasionally require minimum order quantities to fulfill a shipment. Sometimes it is just easier to update with something new :)

This bozo is reposting on all my complaints. Yep I'm very lucky I shopped at Menard's.

It was your valve that failed. Save big money.

when you wait 6 years, it just happens that some stock will not exist in the store any longer. you are lucky they were even able to special order it for you AT ALL.