1.2K views

If I had known that Mastercraft was a Menards company I would not have purchased the french patio door (special order for right hand swing out).When I went to install it I discovered that doors were mounted on frame 1/4 inch higher than the other.

So instead of a 2 hr. job it turned into an 8 hr. job. But all said and done the worst part was discovering that the only thing that differentiated the in swing or out swing was where MENARDS/Mastercraft placed the the brick moulding.

Thus I have this AWSUM alumimun threshhold that would normally have been on the outside now ON THE INSIDE. But of course no returns on special order Items. Menards and I are now officialy done.

Terry B.in Sioux Falls, SD.

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

It is obvious you know little about door construction.A patio door will have a sill that runs from jamb to jamb.

For a door to open fully the hinges must be on the side of the door that it swings to.

As you ordered a door that swings outside the house the hinges and the door are on the outside of the frame.That is why the sill is now visible inside the house.

Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States #915312

ITS JUST TO BAD THAT JOHN MENARD CANT SEE THIS ABOUT THE BAD COMPANY HE OWNES, AND JUST DOESNT UNDERSTAND OR DOESNT CARE ABOUT HES BUSINESS, BUT WHEN YOUR SO RICH WE JUST DONT MATTER AS BUYERS OF HE'S CHEAP PRODUCTS... IM DONT BEING A BUYER FROM MENARDS, BUYER BEWARE

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #854733

That was a bitter experience!Last year I replaced my doors with the patio doors.

I must appreciate my door and window installation company,There was a perfection in their work. There has been no creaky noise,or any vents in the fixation. From the design to fixation everything was done neatly.

Ever since then whoever came to my house would gaze over my patio doors and would want to have them.Most importantly the cost was reasonable and also payment needs to be done only when the job is completely over which includes installation, cleanup, disposal and delivery.

Anderson, Indiana, United States #705273

Some of us have to learn the hard way!I purchase a mastercraft door only to enter into a nightmare with the factory rep.

Door leaked from day 1, I ended up stapling plastic over the exterior of the door until Another door, special ordered from Carter Lumber, came in.

I would advise anyone thinking of purchasing a Mastercraft door to go to another company.menards will not stand behind their products, including their own doors.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #703318

for what they cost why are you surprised.