73 views
Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

1.8

Bought a earthquake Versa front tine roto tiller and not even after 20 mins of using the tiller it is blowing fuel out all over my yard from the spacer for the carburetor. I contacted the store I bought it from and they refuse to allow me to return it due to the fact I put fuel and oil in it...

I understand that is policy but really not even a half hour of use... obviously it is a faulty unit and I feel ripped off about having to go 25 miles away to warren mi which is the closest service center to me.

It baffles me that companies cant just do the right thing and service their customers. Ive spent thousands of dollars in supplies and equipment here and will no longer spend another dime here.

User's recommendation: Shop somewhere else... there is a reason there stuff is so inexpensive..

Menards Cons: Refund policy, Management customer service.

Location: 465 Brown Rd, Lake Orion, MI 48359

Comments

Menard's tends to sell these cheap machines. Most big box stores and others will not take it back if you put fluids in it.

Of course, you don't know it has a problem until you do, but common sense is not so common. You will have to go through the manufacturer's warranty system for repair. If they tell you the only place to have it repaired is miles away, then so be it. You are stuck.

I have found that for something like a roto tiller, the best place to buy one is at a local hardware store that has a repair facility, etc. and 'tis best to buy a name brand.

Earthquake brand has never been that reliable in my experience. Just because something is cheap doesn't mean it is worth a farthing, as the Brits say.

@Machele

the local hardware store with service department will assemble the item, test it for proper operation, and show you how to operate it. If the item fails to start out of the box for them or has damage they would swap it out and let their mechanics deal with the defective item.

You also will work with salesman and mechanic who know the equipment offhand knowing whats most dependable, best for your needs and have used the items themselves for their personal yards. At big box stores you deal with some some pimple face millennial who's more focused on his coworker cleavage instead of helping customers.

Unfortunately independent stores are going under left and right due to big box stores selling items for 10 cents cheaper, and thats prior to even considering the covid 19 situation. As you found when you buy a high dollar item at menards they just past the buck to someone else and let the consumer do the work and deal with frustration with an item that has the equivalent of 1.5 miles on the odometer.

Menards Reviews