71 views
Verified Reviewer

2.2

I purchased a paint gun from Menards on state street in Saginaw Michigan. The receipt clearly says I can return my items by 8/8/21 and when I came to return my item the manager Jenn told me we could only do an exchange of the same product that I no longer want to use because I ended up using paint rollers, due to the fact the paint gun didnt work properly.

On the receipt is says nothing about just being able to do an exchange or else I wouldnt of got the paint gun. Ive been to this store due to me remodeling my home so Ive spent a lot of money with this company and have proof that I have. Im also an Assistant manager at Oreillys and I wouldve handled this situation way better to make sure my customer was happy. I even asked just for a store credit because I know Ill be shopping at this store for my home.

She wouldnt do a store credit and thats ridiculous.

Im inside the store now shopping so that shows Im a dedicated customer. renew ho

User's recommendation: Don’t buy anything from this store if their not willing to tell you the return policy.

Menards Pros: Great sale prices.

Menards Cons: Unfair resolution and offer of store credit on a menards error, Wont honor warranty that made me choose to buy the product.

Comments

#2022823

“ Assistant manager at Oreillys” NO ONE CARES. Different company, different rules. Often times, customer care “super stars” like you make the worst customers.

#2022859
@PissedConsumer2022823

Who said anyone cares You don’t know me sir/ma’am. I know different companies have different policies, I also know great customer service. The product return policy should’ve been explained before purchasing.

#2022880
@PissedConsumer2022823

Ma’am/sir no one wants anyone to care about a position, the point is having great customer service and explaining their policy when it’s clearly not what it says on the receipt. If this company is having as many complaints as the manager stated with this product why not take it off the shelf. I’m pretty sure if you had a receipt in your hand that clearly states you can return a product you would want your money or store credit also.

#2034205
@Meaghen Ztq

Evidently you do because you made a comment!!!

#2024719
@PissedConsumer2022823

" Often times, customer care “super stars” like you make the worst customers." That's so true. If one employee treats customers with courtesy, and respect then the customer will expect that from all staffing. This makes life much more difficult for the staffing who chooses to lean against the desk while while watching senior customers struggle to lift heavy merchandise, or difficult for a employee who yells "thats not my job" and runs off at the speed of light as soon as someone approaches him.

#2022751

If product was open and used, it can only be exchanged for same product. This prevents scammers from using product for a project and returning! Tough lesson for you!

#2022855
@PissedConsumer2022751

" If product was open and used, it can only be exchanged for same product. " Where does it state that on the receipt or anywhere in the store prior to purchase.

If I was told I am unable to exchange an item that was defective or not functional as described on the box or by store staffing then I would walk out of the store empty handed and take my business elsewhere. As stated previously customers vote with their wallet, just ask the former employees of toys r us, shopko, bon ton, payless shoes, circuit city, sears, k mart or any other retailer thats gone under due to poor customer service.

#2022856
@PissedConsumer2022751

The return policy should have been explained before purchasing.

#2022655

It sounds like you are trying to return a product that has been used, not one in the new condition it was purchased in. I expect the reason they will only exchange it is that they are not a rental shop.

A person buying a paint gun and expecting to use it for years would gladly accept an exchange.

Someone buying one with the intent of using it for one project and returning it would want a refund or store credit. Sounds like you may have been looking for a way to get the free use of a paint gun.

Menards Reviews