Verified Reviewer

Resolved
3.2
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user May 24, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with settlement agreement. Capital one was asked to contest the policy due to my wife’s sudden illness. Menards apparently eventually concurred..

Original review posted by user Apr 24, 2021

My wife has Leukemia. I have heart failure.

Income is cut in half. We barely meet insurance and living expenses.

These became a high financial problem when I went home to find Lynn has contacted Leukemia. I immediately notified Menards Dubuque and asked for cancellation of these cards$6,000 worth.

Despite the medical necessity, Menards policy ignores such unimportant things. The company is enjoying our money that is desperately needed for medical expenses.

The bully, unsympathetic confiscation of funds tops 25 years of issues with Menards. I am sick about the situation, but big corporations seldom concern themselves with alternate needs of customers.

Now I must go to Facebook to possibly find a third party buyer. It is a long shot, but desperation requires it. My wife is not out of danger, her life may well end.

Think any Menards people have such problems?

We need helpMenards wont. John Braford

User's recommendation: Any chance you may require a refund on gift cards, Menards has no intention to do so.

Menards Pros: Used to love the store, Choices, Location and in-house supplies.

Menards Cons: Problem not taken care of, Policy ignores medical needs.

Location: Dubuque, IA 52003

Comments

#2011055

Someone take this down! It sounds so stupid and unbelievable. No one is that stupid .

#2009323

This seems like a scam

#2008780

There is no loss here of $6000. You have the gift cards.

#2008223

You described menard’s actions as “unsympathetic confiscation of funds”. I’m wondering why you would characterize you buying $6000 in gift cards as such.

That’s an awful lot of money to convert to gift cards rather than just leave the cash in the bank and buy things as you need. Best wishes to you both.

#2007084

Someone obviously gave you the gift cards to use on your home. You will be hard pressed to find any store that is going to give you cash for gift cards.

#2007179
@PissedConsumer2007084

Find someone who does home remodeling, painting, landscaping and offer to sell it the gift card for 90% of its value. Many online websites offer to buy gift cards for low ball 60% but just so they can immediately resell it. Find someone trustworthy who know personally who buys in bulk at menards and they will buy your $6000 card for $5400 cash or bank check.

#2007202
@PissedConsumer2007179

I have several requests out as described. No offers yet.

By the way, I am not pissed.

I simply have some big problems with the money in unuseable gift cards. JB

Menards Reviews