Indianapolis, Indiana
1.8
Layout of Store

I stopped going into the store in Avon, IN because the service stinks. The sales people are useless (either go the other way when they see you or they send you to the wrong part of the store), it's hard to find what you're looking for if you don't know where it is, and the cashier lines are always long and slow.

I used online ordering instead. Twice. The first was site-to-store pickup. I ordered online (only after checking to see if it was available in the store) and waited for notice it was ready. I got the notice the NEXT day (note I placed the order in the morning) and went to the store to pick up. First they couldn't find the order and said they hadn't gotten it. They scrambled to fill it only to tell me one of the items wasn't in stock and hadn't been for a while. If I wanted it, I would have to take a floor model that was missing parts with a small discount. I'll give credit for being accommodating this time.

I again placed an order online and paid for it. After I paid for it there was a message that said I would get an order confirmation. The payment confirmation does not have an order number on it.The order confirmation does and is necessary when you call them. I NEVER got one. I attempted to contact the company by email. This is the ONLY way you can contact them. I don't have an order number and the email contact requires it. I called the store. They can't help me without an order number. The person I talked to tried to find it and couldn't. I tracked down the corporate headquarter's number. I was referred to the website. I patiently explained the problem and was transferred to online customer service and given a direct number. I was also told the phone is probably not going to be answered and assured I would be called if I left my number. I left a message and then tried calling the direct number I was given. The direct number is not answered by a person. It's a recorded message telling me to leave my name and order number and they would respond via email. I left my name, my phone number and told them I DON'T HAVE an order and that was the problem. Fortunately my order arrived. Any contact from the company has NOT. Incidently, for what I was ordering, I wasn't "saving big" I only ordered from them because they had the quickest estimated shipping date. I would have been worth more to pay a little extra and wait a little longer. Next time I need something, I'll go to Lowes or Home Depot. Never had a problem with an order from them.

It is unbelievable that there is no way to talk to a real person. And even more unbelievable that the customer service is SOOOOO poor. I can only imagine what a nightmare it would have been if my order was lost.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Menards Cons: How i was treated, Will never go back, Poor quality product, Employee attitudes.

Comments

You probably entered your email wrong. Also they can look up based off your name and phone number.

Also if it did eventually com3 in how did you find this out. Someone would had to of helped you with this.