I recommend against shopping at Menards as they have outrageous shipping charges, and a horrible return policy.

I bought two items, each weighing less than 3 ounces; let’s say the combined shipping is 7 ounces. The items cost $10. The shipping: $9. That’s an additional 90%.

What it should be: USPS first class shipping cost is $1.99. Add an exaggerated $1 for the envelope and you now have $3; I’d tolerate $4 or $5. So their business model is to make a 200% profit on basic shipping.

One of the items I ordered was the wrong part so a return was necessary. My TOTAL cost to return via the USPS was under $2. But these gougers demand you only use Fedex, which carries a charge of $9; what gives them the right to tell me how to spend my money? On top of that, Menards will charge me a 25% restocking fee. Outrageous.

Do yourself a favor and find your parts elsewhere so you can save money on the purchase and not deal with greedy people who don’t care about their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Shipping Service.

Reason of review: they're greedy .

Preferred solution: From the wealth of negative reviews and a HORRID BBB score, it's obvious they don't care..

Comments

#1201182

Too bad you can't just tell Menards how much they should sell their products to you, huh? It's your money right? ***....

#1195219

Menards is a series of brick and mortar stores. Online shopping is secondary to their operations and they pass along the true costs of shipping your order.

They don't have the warehouse operations set up for mass order pulling and shipping like Amazon.

As always purchase from the source with the best overall price, whether it be Menards or someone else. Your cost of shipping includes the freight coast and the package but nothing for the labor to process, pull and package the order.