1.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

for months i have been planning on installing a new deck for my son and his family. they live in Des Plaines, IL.

so i placed an order from their close-by (2 miles) Menards store in Mount Prospect IL. On May 5 i confirmed my delivery date for morning of May 19. Today is May 19 and it is now 8:30 PM and no delivery. i have called the store at least 5 times after 10:00am and could not get any actual time my order would be delivered.

All they said was that their delivery man (third party contractor) was out making deliveries from a different store (antioch?). I am very pissed off. This store does not have more then one delivery person and they 'share' him with another store? I have WASTED my entire day waiting for this delivery.

I had driven 240 miles to do this for my son (i live in Ohio). What i would like is for Menards pay me for my time waiting on them. Wonder what would happen if i was late paying them? All i can say is shame on you menards for this and depending on third party sloths to represent you and your stated customer experience.

All of you who would use this store for delivery, i suggest you visit Lowes. they know a thing or two about customer satisfaction.

Review about: Menards Home Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Delivery.

Comments

To be safe it is always a good idea to schedule the deliver of materials the day before you plan on using them. 3rd party delivery companies are not unusual and if you look at your delivery form it tells you that a 3rd party would be making the delivery.

You had the choice of using them or shopping elsewhere. Your local lumber yard may well have their own trucks and provide better service but you obviously didn't want to pay a little more for that service.

Lowe's! HAAAAAAA!

That's a good one! Maybe read the Lowe's section on this very site sometime before you say stuff like that.