3.6
Layout of Store

I got in the shortest line with people in it who seemed to have the fewest numbers of items to buy, as I was in a hurry.The family at the check-out counter, a woman, man, and child had some problem and were in a long conversation with the cashier.

The cashier for a very, very long time kept staring at the computer screen and then scrolling and scrolling and then most of the time just looked frustrated and like she didn't have a clue about what to do. After waiting forever, I got in another line that was moving faster and then this cashier had a problem and put her blinking light on. I said something like, Oh, No, not both of you having trouble. She then was able to fix the situation herself, so I finally had my items checked and paid for.

The other cashier finally put her blinking light on and no one came. There was a line at the front desk and no one was behind the counter the entire time I was there. No person had come to help the frustrated cashier by the time I left, which had to be about 20 minutes from when I first got into line.

The number of the counter was 9.It happened in the late afternoon of May24th.The family looked frustrated, too, but they were very kind and patient.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of menards customer care from Menards. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Menards to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was long wait lines and no one helping cashier. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Menards for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

Their office managers and head cashiers not only have to watch over the long row of registers at the exit to the store, they also have to assist with problems at the return desk by the entrance to the store and during the summer they have the garden center registers as well. It's possible the were at one of these other locations assisting someone else. I doubt you can be in more than one place at once, neither can they.

MrSharkNasty

Sounds like they need more staff are you applying?

MrSharkNasty
to MrSharkNasty Hell, Michigan, United States #1165173

I would edit my original post but sadly this site does not offer such features.I would like to clarify my original post.

There are numerous reasons why these cashiers failed to get the proper assistance. Perhaps someone randomly quit. Perhaps someone was out sick. Perhaps someone was on vacation.

Perhaps someone was fired because they had a false customer complaint made against them. Perhaps someone just accepted a promotion leaving them down a person. Perhaps the person on duty had 10 other people demanding their time. Perhaps sales are down and they couldn't justify having an extra person on.

Perhaps they have a now hiring sign on the front of the building and you should apply to help them solve this problem. If this is the worst thing that ever happens to you you've lived a pretty good life. Stop being everything that is wrong with our culture now. Aimless complaining!

Be Patient and understanding!

You're not perfect!Matter of fact I'm sure you have left someone waiting before yourself, perhaps they should run to the internet and cry about it.