Middletown Township, New Jersey

I am SO angry with what happened at your Kewanee Menards store this evening, I wish to could say I will NEVER patronize that store again but I must due to the proximity of where we live. We got just a few items that needed to be picked up in the yard, we went out there and we sat and sat and sat and NOBODY came to help.

Then another truck pulled in and they got NO HELP, then another car pulled in and they got NO HELP. Finally I walked the aisle 11, aisle 12 and aisle 13 and there was NOBODY. We all just decided that if we wanted to get what we had paid for we were going to have to help ourselves. There were old men crawling up on those metal rolling ladders, there were old ladies trying to load 12 foot long wood.

Finally when we were done, one punk came rolling up and said "need help" - NO, we could have used your help 25 MINUTES AGO, 20 MINUTES AGO, 15 MINUTES AGO, 10 MINUTES AGO, 5 MINUTES AGO, BUT NOT NOW ---- WHEN WE ARE COMPLETELY DONE!!!!! He came up and said something else and I told him to get away from me, I didn't want to talk to him, then he said "well I'm not making excuses for us but we have four guys working tonight, surely someone would have been able to help you" and I said "F-OFF -- WE DO NOT NEED YOUR HELP - N O W !!!!! By the time I got into the store to tell the manager what had happened, he already had gotten a call from the yard "to protect his ***" and the manager was completely - 100% - rude and useless. We have shopped at that Menards for years and years and we have seen better managers that HIM come and go, now I think it's time for this little WEASLE to GGGGGOOO!!!!

Told me to LEAVE THE STORE - I DON'T HAVE TO TALK TO YOU!!!!!!! This situation needs some immediate attention. Maybe in Iowa or wherever he came from you allow managers to speak to his customers that way but NOT IN ILLINOIS. Many many people will not trade in that store because it is so disgusting and below descent quality but I have always maintained that if you are going to live in a small town, you must trade in that small town but we are beginning to think like the hundreds of other people that would rather drive to Galesburg or Peoria rather than spend any money in that store.

The manager needs a real ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT and you need to get someone in there who can MANAGE people rather than sit at his desk and stare at his computer screen and act as if he is busy.

This same thing has happened to us all Spring but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that summer is going to bring loads of people in WHO NEED HELP IN THE YARD, but obviously that is complete beyond the little midget!!!!!!!!!!!! He is the typical little man with a giant attitude!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Manager.

Comments

"GET A JOB AT MENARDS -- then EVERYONE CAN EXPERIENCE YOUR TOTAL IGNORANCE AND you TOO can be fired". Using proper Standard Written English is not ignorance (ignorance, according to Merriam-Webster, means to have a "lack of knowledge"). The term you should have used was "intellectual superiority".

You see, when a complainant uses haphazardly constructed sentences and phrases, along with EXCESSIVE CAPITALIZATION, it makes them look like a complete M0R0N - which detracts from their credibility, as indicated continuously from the original poster, "Neeter".

OMG BIGBRUCE - are you REALLY AS ANAL as you appear. GET A LIFE --- do something other than reading and correcting other peoples comments -- GET A JOB AT MENARDS -- then EVERYONE CAN EXPERIENCE YOUR TOTAL IGNORANCE AND you TOO can be fired!!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC -- PURE AND SIMPLE!!!!!

"People who mouth off when they have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT"...Okay - let's take Standard Written English for example. To be easy on you, I will only use less than half of your original post.

"I wish to could say I will NEVER"...Should be "I wish I could say"

"We got just a few items that needed to be picked up in the yard, we went out there and we sat and sat and sat and NOBODY came to help." Use a period to indicate a new sentence (not a comma).

"Finally I walked the aisle 11, aisle 12 and aisle 13 and there was NOBODY." Comma should be after Finally to indicate a pause. Words before numbers should be capitalized (example - Chapter 12; Aisle 14; Channel 3).

"...we were going to have to help ourselves,. There were old men crawling up on those metal rolling ladders, there were old ladies trying to load 12 foot long wood"." Again, use a period to indicate the end of a sentence (not a comma/period combination. Nothing in the English language indicates the use of a comma/period combination.)

So again, if you are going to *** at people because you think you know more than them, make sure you are absolutely sure instead of rambling on using some haphazard form of second grade English.

Did you say in your original post that you ask for help at the guard shack everytime??? I agree that if you are asking in advance for help and no one shows up that is a HUGE problem.

As far as Memorial weekend, in the employees defense, perhaps (God forbid!) people wished to spend time with family and friends....you know, like in the old days when companies actually cared about this and were closed for the day? Instead, custys feel a need to patronize a store on holidays to buy candy and toliet bowl cleaner....happens ALL the time!!

Well maybe all you smart *** that comment about MY problems, perhaps you should look in a mirror. We are 53 and 66 year old people who go to menards at least ONE A WEEK and there is nearly ALWAYS someone there to help with whatever items we have purchased but on this particular day --- MEMORIAL DAY WEEK END---the POOR MANAGEMENT decided that he would have a skeleton crew rather than being smart enouigh to figure out that they were going to be WAY busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HIGHROLLIN you are an *** if you don't think that we call for help EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY TIME we enter the yard.

JIMMY - DITTO - PURE *** - NEEDS TO DO LESS TALKING AND LOTS MORE LISTENING---As far as the "SELF SERVE" comments, pull your hear out of your *** and wise up -- IT IS NOT!!! IOWAN -- YOU ARE A PUKE -- We ALL complained that day and TAA-DAA -- the MANAGER WAS FIRED AND WE NOW HAVE A GREAT MANAGER OF HIS PEOPLE - People who mouth off when they have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT only makes themselves look more ignorant than they really are----

It really is as simple as telling the gate guard when you first enter that you need help loading.They will then radio to have someone there to help. It's not as if they have employees stationed at every item waiting around to load people.Use some common sense!!

It is a self service yard after all. I bet you're one of those people that likes to go to the yard when it's poring out, expecting to have people do everything for you.

Hmmm....Sounds like the typical conceided *** to me. I will bet $100 that he did not even look around to find help, but instead probably just sat in his little car and listened to the radio.

At least thats what most people do.

The other thing that gets me is when consumers whistle to employees. I for one would NEVER answer to a whistle because I am not a dog!!

i mean it does sound a little iffy but i know at some points in the year us in the garden center have cars backed up 5 or 6 back. We aren't even taking *** *** breaks so if your complaining about that get over it we all have to wait a bit.

No DAN the problem is that most of the older guests that come into menards just assume that the younger employees are clueless. When, in fact, they probably have learned more about home improvement than you will ever know.

If you have too much pride to admit that a younger employee may know more about a particular item than you, then it looks like you've got some problems. Also, the majority of "younger people" that menards hires are NOT lazy.

Most of them, like myself, are either working through college or saving money in order to go to college. It really surprises me how closed minded people are.

quit crying you little punk. I bet you are the person that blames everyone else for your problems.

The guy shows up to help you out. There are only 4 guys working and I'm willing to bet that they were inside working in the receiving dock.

But if it makes you feel better yelling at other people because you are too pathetic to do things yourself well I guess you are a ***. Go take your punk *** to some other place that will take your punk personality

they hire young kids to keep the prices down so you don't *** about that too. and just so you know, all yard employees are at least 18 years old, they aren't KIDS, they're adults, and they probably work harder than your lazy ever-complaining ***, DAN.

really PhilRhodes? because we all know at home depot they get on their knees and beg you for the chance to open their mouths and receive you before asking "whatfor shall i help you with today?" probably an old d0uche, too.

people who get paid like *** and get treated like *** tend to reciprocate that behavior. fact of life, philly boy.

First off menards yard is a self-service yard. However there are yard employees that are there to keep items stocked, unload truck, clean, and build loads for delivery.

Now these same employees are expected to help the guest that come into the yard find what they are looking for. They are NOT supposed to load anything for you due to liabilty reason. And how dare you treat the employee that tried to help you ***. Was it his fault that he wasn't there the second you needed him.

I'm sure he was helping another guest. If you talked like that to me i would have made sure you were kicked out of the store and not allowed back. Lastly i think you're a *** old man that thinks the world owes him something...well guess what it doesn't.

You're not better and no different than the next guy. F*CKOFF

I don't know where you've been shopping , but here in Iowa you don't find rude employees until you find *** customers. Wait it minute, you were being an *** customer.

Maybe if you had waited a minute to let the employees finish what they were doing instead of thinking you were the most important person in the store, you would of gotten the help you so obviously needed.

They were probably off helping some hard working person who actually had somewhere to be, god forbid you missed the local early bird special you old ***. By the way once you start using foul language with any employee they have a legal right to have you leave the premesis, your probably lucky no one called the police.

the problem is they hire young kids.who dont,give a *** or lazy.plus they arent train in customer assisstance.menards needs to work on this

makes me glad I don't have a Menard's in my area. The comments give credence to the complaint. I doubt the consumer was treated any better in the store than he was treated here.

I think theres something wrong with your computer. It keeps changing fonts and bolding words and capitalizing things and putting in exclamation points and stuff.

It's gotta be the computer, and not you, since time is so precious to you. I know that you couldn't have sat at your PC voluntarily trying to figure out how to make your little post look big and angry. Time is an extremely valuable commodity for you, and I know that you wouldn't have wasted one iota of extra thought or effort trying to make this Menards Punk look bad. A person of your obvious character and intellect would not be inclined to dither away that which he holds so sacred by *** about having to wait in line at a store.

So, yeah, I think you might want to go get your computer checked out. (I hear theres a BestBuy not too far from the local Menards)

Personally I think that is a ridiculous story. Somebody would have helped you eventually.

What most customers that come into menards lack is definitely patience. And most older people have none. Don't get me wrong , I do respect my elders, but I draw the line when they don't respect me. Im sure the yard workers were either helping someone else or carrying stock inside so the floor people can put it on the shelves.

I really don't know why you were in such a hurry. You're probably retired anyway. You've got all the time in the world.

Someone would have helped you eventually. This is the first time i've said this to an older man than myself.....GROW UP!

Nope, home depot doesn't either, try lowes, they cater to people like you.