La Crosse, Wisconsin

I live in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin and would like to shop in the new menards store here on the hiway.. I will be looking for appliances and computer tables, ,etc...

BUT..

there are no electric scooters for us to use..

losing a lot of business I am sure.

It is definitely discrimination and you could get in trouble for it. not from me, I will just not shop there until an electric scooter is available.

even tho there is an unusable wheelchair on the premises..it does not roll easy,...with the electric scooter, I could do my shopping and my driver can do theirs at the same time.

---and your consumer terms and conditions are spread out too much for my computer to read...

Comments

As you all know, I now am in charge of making right all complaints made through this site. management has informed me that as of Jan 1, 2014 all menards stores will become scooter accessible.

I am aware of several problems with the new store and as we speak changes are being made. In the past I would have devoted wasted time explaining how management at menards doesn't really care about our guests. I am deeply moved about this situation and personally involved with re-writing the managers manual on treating guests in our stores. Believe me, things will CHANGE!

I will be having lunch with the store manager later this week, you will receive a personal apology and I will see to it that you will have your very own scooter available, we only ask you call ahead at least 2 hours prior to your arrival so we can have it ready for you.

I have advised all team members at the store to be in anticipation of your arrival. thank You, Happy Kwanza

@Heartless

O happen to believe having grown up with my father on crutches as far back as I can remember and then ending up wheelchair bound first one he could move on his own until he ended up it being an electric chair or electric cart. There should always be an electric cart for those who are living like my father had.

I DON'T CAR ABOUT HOW EXPENSIVE THEY ARE COME ON NOW YOU HAVE PROBABLY 1500 STORES ALL MAKING A PROFIT. LOOK AMD PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CUSTOMERS HELP WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO OR RESOLVE THE ISSUE RIGHT AWAY NOT SOT AND READ THAT YOUR A PIECE OF Sh!!!!????

I'm guessing the downtown mom n pop hardware store won't have electric scooters, either

I'm sensing something very Canadian about this place.

Wow! What happened to compassion and empathy?

She asks for a little help and your offended by that? My advice is go downtown to that good hardware store and get your stuff. You may pay a little more but they appreciate your business and they help you too.

Plus the quality is better. Menards doesn't need your business if they can't accomadate your needs.It's not discrimination but bad customer service.

@jacoka12

I agree totally! Some Mom and Pop stores do have scooters and if they don't they usually bring it to you if they can. This should shame stores like Menards who could afford it!

My husband,(who has MS), and I went to Menard's over the holidays to buy kitchen cabinets for our church. Not only could we not get a scooter or wheelchair, but we couldn't get anyone to wait on us. My husband called the manager and his response is that we should shop early morning or late at night. WRONG! We will not shop at Menards at any time.

I will be reporting this somewhere on behalf of all handicap people.

If you need a scooter to get around then buy one. Why should I have to pay for you not being able to move around?

This is what is wrong with this world people like you that think everyone owes you! No one owes you or me!!!!!

Let me guess.... You are too fat and out of shape to walk around the store.

The solution is simple. Walk more, stop eating buckets for fried chicken and ice cream and eventually you won't need a scooter anymore.

djelgin

I worked at Menards. Every time we had a wheelchair in the store, some yahoo STOLE it!

Yep, you heard me right - they steal them. So now they have to keep the wheelchair behind the service counter and bring it out when a guest needs it. Can you imagine how quickly the electric ones would be stolen?

Some jerks ruin it for everyone. :(

If i was disabled i would shoot myself.

I feel it would be discriminatory for the rest of us to pay higher prices to cover deluxe electric scooters that would need replacing every 3 months from abuse. If electric scooters are so important for your mobility, I have a simple question- where is yours when you go to Menards?

If they DID have electric scooters, then FAT people would be on here complaining they weren't wide enough! SUCK IT UP!

#21970

It is not discrimination to not provide a electric cart for disabled customers. The store just needs to be accessible.

It does make good business sense to provide one. Menards started providing wheel chairs about 7 or 8 years ago.

Forgive them as Menards is developmentally disabled when it comes to anything to do with human rights issues. It comes from the top.

Maybe I will bring one to your house for Christmas, the more you *** about the least likely I am to bring it though. Why dont you do like some and buy your own?

If I rent a car I beat the *** out of it just like everyone else would, WHY?

Because its not mine! SO how long would a AMIGO last?

If you have a driver, why don't you just make him push you through the store instead of letting him go shopping while you're paying him?

And the building meets or exceeds all ADA accessibility requirements. There is no discrimination.

According to federal law, the building needs only be accessible to those with disabilities. There is no mandate that assistive devices be provided.

They all have good points. How do you get through the day when you are everywhere else besides Menards?

#20922

It is not discrimination based upon what you say. They might have to be accessible to persons who need personal assistive devices, but they do not have to provide the devices.

#20837

and i guess all the midgets in the world will sue us for keeping items on shelves over 6 feet tall. get over yourself.

and there is no discrimination, as wheelchairs are already provided.

don't like it? buy your own *** electric scooter, ya lazy ***

#20825

How do you get around the rest of the time when you are not at Menards? Should every place of business,church,government building,etc.

be required to have an electric scooter?

If Menards had 1,then someone would be upset if they didn't have 2. If you are able to get around the rest of the world when you are not at Menards,then you should be able to get around Menards.

#20821

how is this discrimination? Just because we don't make it super easy for you?

There are wheel chairs, and if they are not in good working order bring it to the attention of a manager i'm sure they will get them fixed. Should we get moving sidewalks for people who can walk normally?

#20812

I am sorry for your dissability, but as a consumer I don't feel I should have to pay for your scooter. Stores that have scooters must pass their cost along to their customers through higher prices.