went to menards to buy a new range,a man that works in that department asked if I needed LP or natural gas I told him LP. He said that the one I was looking at was all ready for LP bought it and took it home.
the range always had a bad smell and all the pans would be black on the bottoms,flames were too high had them adjusted. did not use it much,but on thanksgiving day the oven caught on fire,I am talking large flames,I went into the store and talked to the supervisor of that department,he gave me a phone number of someone whom would come to y house and fix it. so he came out had to order the part came in a few days fixed it and asked me if I was hooked up to natural gas I told him no,and he tells me that my range is hooked up to natural gas not propane,it could of blew up.
Good thing I was in the house to put the fire out. Went back to Menards and talked to Anthony the department managerand he was mostly interested if it was fix he tells me that Brian the other employee in that department must of missed understood mea very dangerous mistake, the range is not safe to use,Marv and I have built two garages,house,furniture,interior of a building trees flowers in there about once a week and we buy most of our stuff there and we have since the day Menards came to town
Product or Service Mentioned: Range.
Reason of review: Damaged or defective.
Monetary Loss: $349.
Menards Pros: Usually satisfied.
Menards Cons: Was told the wrong thing.