2001 S Perryville Rd, Rockford, IL 61108
2.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

If I could do a negative star review I would. We purchased a thousand dollars in cabinets and the entire situation was a fiasco.

The employees were rude, to the point that I was just in awe. “I will be better at closing” and “I’m sorry I asked” and “you can probably fix it with some glue” were actually things that were said to us by employees. The store manager, general manager and even corporate were of no help. There customer service is rigged in such a way, you cannot speak to ANYONE; everything has to be in writing.

The general manager actually picked up his phone and hung up, of course this was before we had any contact, so this was his response to receive a call from any customer.

I will NEVER shop here again and will discourage anyone from doing so. Maybe a drop in the bucket to such a large company, but their reputation should matter.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Comments

My guess is that we aren't hearing the whole story. Some of the responses you indicate they gave would indicate that you may not have been the most civilized individual to deal with.

You don't say what brand of cabinets you purchased but the pictures look like they may be their partially assembled Klearvue line. Low end particle board cabinets seem to be more susceptible to damage than a plywood cabinet no matter where you buy them.

Could be from handling at the factory, the store or in your home. All they can do is re-order replacements for you and my guess is that you didn't want to wait and they suggested you fix it with some glue as an alternative to waiting for a new one.

@Anonymous

Unfortunately, your guesses were all incorrect. One, the cabinets were actually special order and were not picked up, and were discounted to $1,000.

So, no sir, in no way were they cheap. Secondly, they were not damaged when we purchased them, they were damaged when they were placed in the truck, by the employee; I was present. Lastly, I was livid when an employee told me that they would be better at closing, after I asked "how are you", when I explained my frustration with the damaged and was told "sorry I asked". In no way was I difficult.

If this is not a forum for people to express their frustration, then excuse my misunderstanding.

If it is, please comment on someone else's report. Thank you

@Anonymous

If they damaged them putting them in your truck why did you accept them? What do you mean when you say an employee told you they would be better at closing after you asked "how are you"? What did they ask when you explained your frustration?

@Anonymous

I was told to contact the manager the next day about the damage because they could purchase a side panel. I asked asked an employee “how are you?” His response was “I will be better at closing time”.

When asked how did my loading go and I expressed my frustration with the damage, the gate employee said “sorry I asked”.

This was a total disappointment that kept getting worse. So maybe a different day, I could’ve laughed off the comments but on top of the total experience, I felt less like a customer and more like an irritant.